Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Tampere, Finland
I just uploaded 0.9.5 to OBS which has some subscription bugs fixed and UI deuglified a bit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vranki For This Useful Post:
..and 0.9.6 with some fixes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vranki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Hi,

How do I insert Siilihai account ? Some time ago when I first run Siilihai I skipped the login part and now I have no idea how to add it to get rid of the Error: login failed message. I made a parser for a forum named Tang Thu Vien and it works nicely with the PC client but not with N9 version, can't load messages.

I tried with TMO forum and the text size is quite small and perhaps you are already aware of this but the size of each post isn't scaled according the content but there seem to be a constant size for all posts. When inside a forum (list of threads) the context menu (three lines button) displays Quit and an empty entry.
I think the whole context menu could be removed as we can swipe down to close the app and for options like: Unsubscribe forum or Subscribe to .. you could place a button directly onto toolbar.

Thanks for the update

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Hi,
How do I insert Siilihai account ? Some time ago when I first run Siilihai I skipped the login part and now I have no idea how to add it to get rid of the Error: login failed message.
There isn't a GUI way to reset account, but you can issue this command in terminal:

rm .local/share/data/siilihai*

I made a parser for a forum named Tang Thu Vien and it works nicely with the PC client but not with N9 version, can't load messages.
Message updating should be identical between mobile & desktop, but yes it doesn't seem to work correctly. I 'll try to figure out what's wrong.

I tried with TMO forum and the text size is quite small and perhaps you are already aware of this but the size of each post isn't scaled according the content but there seem to be a constant size for all posts. When inside a forum (list of threads) the context menu (three lines button) displays Quit and an empty entry.
I think the whole context menu could be removed as we can swipe down to close the app and for options like: Unsubscribe forum or Subscribe to .. you could place a button directly onto toolbar.
These are known issues which i'm investigating. The QML WebView doesn't want to wrap contents properly. I'll try to find a workaround for it.

Thanks for the update
Thanks for feedback!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vranki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Hi,
I think I found the problem with the parser I made. Thanks to your guide I managed to log in and the parser now works on N9. I think the reason why it didn't work is because I set the state for this forum to Development in desktop client and thus only work when I connect to my account on N9. However it does work on desktop client without authentication though.

It's very nice that siilihai supports spoiler tags in a post and this forum I browse daily has them in every posts, browsing using default browser is a pain due to this reason.

thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Uploaded 0.9.7 now, contains various fixes and removes the buggy menu.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vranki For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to prepare a build for N900... (if possible..)
I have just compiled version 0.9.7 (here attached)

Update..

To make it run, i had to install:
apt-get install qt-components-10-com.meego-compat

And replace in main.qml
import com.nokia.meego 1.1
with
import com.nokia.meego 1.0

There are still a lot of issues (rotation, theme....ecc)
But i hope that this will be just is a first step!

@vranki
Could you fix the incompatibilities to make it run correctly also in maemo?

Output in xterm:
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/SubscribeGroupsPage.qml:9: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: subscribeGroupList
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/SubscribeWizardPage.qml:10: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: forumList
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/MessageListPage.qml:63: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: messages
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/ThreadListPage.qml:10: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: threads
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/GroupListPage.qml:12: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: groups
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/MainPage.qml:11: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: subscriptions
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/StatusBar.qml:246: Unable to assign QString to QColor
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/StatusBar.qml:156: Unable to assign QString to QColor
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/StatusBar.qml:75: Unable to assign QString to QColor
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/StatusBarStyle.qml:63: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString indicatorColor
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/WindowStyle.qml:56: TypeError: Result of expression 'theme.constants.QtcCore' [undefined] is not an object.
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/WindowStyle.qml:49: TypeError: Result of expression 'theme.constants.QtcCore' [undefined] is not an object.
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/WindowStyle.qml:48: TypeError: Result of expression 'theme.constants.QtcCore' [undefined] is not an object.
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/WindowStyle.qml:56: TypeError: Result of expression 'theme.constants.QtcCore' [undefined] is not an object.
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/WindowStyle.qml:49: TypeError: Result of expression 'theme.constants.QtcCore' [undefined] is not an object.
file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/com/nokia/meego/WindowStyle.qml:48: TypeError: Result of expression 'theme.constants.QtcCore' [undefined] is not an object.
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/SubscribeGroupsPage.qml:9: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: subscribeGroupList
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/SubscribeWizardPage.qml:10: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: forumList
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/MessageListPage.qml:63: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: messages
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/ThreadListPage.qml:10: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: threads
qrc:/qml/siilihai-mobile/GroupListPage.qml:12: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: groups

Here attached the binary...
Attached Files
File Type: gz siilihai-mobile_0.9.7_n900_xes.tar.gz (454.0 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by xes; 2012-11-30 at 17:56.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
I'm trying to prepare a build for N900... (if possible..)
I have just compiled version 0.9.7 (here attached)

Update..

To make it run, i had to install:
apt-get install qt-components-10-com.meego-compat

And replace in main.qml
import com.nokia.meego 1.1
with
import com.nokia.meego 1.0

There are still a lot of issues (rotation, theme....ecc)
But i hope that this will be just is a first step!

@vranki
Could you fix the incompatibilities to make it run correctly also in maemo?
Hi,

I'm not using a N900 anymore so i don't think i'll be using much effort to make a port. It should be quite easy to port Siilihai-Mobile for Maemo if all necessary QML components can be found.
If you get it working, i'd be happy to accept a pull request in github.

I am planning to do a version without QML components so that it could be ported to Android using Necessitas SDK. I think it should be also trivial to port to Maemo.

Ps. http://siilihai.blogspot.fi/2012/12/...e-version.html

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
with the meego repo links down, there's no longer a URL available to get the latest version of siilihai. hopefully vranki notices this, otherwise if anyone has a copy of the .deb would you mind sharing? cheers

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
with the meego repo links down, there's no longer a URL available to get the latest version of siilihai. hopefully vranki notices this, otherwise if anyone has a copy of the .deb would you mind sharing? cheers
http://skeiron.org/repo/repo.pub.meego.com/ has a backup of whatever the meego repo held as of its shut down date...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: