Notices

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Would be cool but we have spotify, why do we need this. except its free.
Well, free, and most important different catalogue. You find music on grooveshark that you don't find on spotify. And I do think that grooveshark is supported in more countries than spotify.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Yeah would think something free would be a pretty big incentive?

those are all nice finds.. I recommend another one that's actually a search engine for music and allows you to download too. Go to: http://musica.ginio.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cristina For This Useful Post:
never works on mine... problems logging in and/or synching playlists, basically unusable...

Hey guys,

I work for Grooveshark so I thought I could jump in and answer some questions and address some misconceptions.

First, Grooveshark is hardly a Spotify clone, we've been around longer than they have but unlike them we aren't spending millions of dollars on marketing blitzes, so you may have heard of them earlier. :P

Anyway, probably more interesting to maemo users is the fact that we are building a new client in flash optimized for mobile hardware. The development is moving along quickly because we're able to reuse a lot of the code we wrote for the main site, so I don't expect there to be a really long wait like there is for the Symbian and Winmo clients.

This new client is designed to use as little memory as possible and to fit nicely on smaller screens. We currently have a couple of mobile phones running flash 10.1 that we're testing with. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get our hands on an N900 yet, but we hope to have one soon. If/when we do I'll report here on how it's working out.

Thanks for the interest in Grooveshark.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to wanderr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Good to hear, during this weekend I was actually trying for the 1st time to use the grooveshark main site with the n900.
It does work, but not very user friendly to use in the small screen, and also a bit slow.

so, im the only one that search something and grooveshark stucks on n900? not a single result!

ill try again damnit

Originally Posted by wanderr View Post
This new client is designed to use as little memory as possible and to fit nicely on smaller screens. We currently have a couple of mobile phones running flash 10.1 that we're testing with. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get our hands on an N900 yet, but we hope to have one soon. If/when we do I'll report here on how it's working out.
Be careful there... N900 doesn't (yet) have flash 10 so can you also test with Flash 9 as well please?

Oy, that stinks. Have they announced an ETA on getting Flash 10 to the N900? I will check to see if we are using any features that would require Flash 10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wanderr For This Useful Post:
to enter this website we need a plugin ? cause it doesnt load to me
said that i need the latest flash software

Tags
grooveshark, spotify