Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I'm a bit disappointed because I thought that this was a How To thread on how to get the Harmattan Ovi Maps (app) onto the N900! I was like then I read the text and I was like

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by lidow View Post
Is there a special reason not to use OVI suite for this purpose?

I just use OVI suite and all maps updated without issues on N900. I even have the modified version of maps with voice. No problems so far.
OVI suite is windows only program usually part of Nokia suite. Not all of us use windows. Furthermore the program itself can be rather cumbersome in various ways.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I'm a bit disappointed because I thought that this was a How To thread on how to get the Harmattan Ovi Maps (app) onto the N900! I was like then I read the text and I was like
Highly unlikely due to hardfp/softfp differences, I wouldn't even want to imagine how long it would take for the harmattan's version of nokia maps to load had it have newer features (which probably adds extra bloat) on top of hardware differences between the two.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Highly unlikely due to hardfp/softfp differences, I wouldn't even want to imagine how long it would take for the harmattan's version of nokia maps to load had it have newer features (which probably adds extra bloat) on top of hardware differences between the two.
Well I know there are differences. The title was a bit misleading that's all what I meant by my comment..

Last edited by bandora; 2011-08-20 at 02:19.

http://www.hpsblog.com/2009/07/direc...0-without.html is dead, use this one instead: http://nokiamaps.site666.info

(Use the older maps for 3.0 that the site says work with 3.04 - it is the smaller link, so read the page carefully.)