Just got this from Nokia: Links: Buy the Navigation Kit for Nokia N800 More info on the Navigation KitÂ*
Read the full article.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Where's the long-promised case? Why such a delay on such an essential (ie. to protect screen) and seemingly unsophisticated accessory? Is it ever going to appear or has it been withdrawn without any announcement? What's going on??

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Where's the long-promised case? Why such a delay on such an essential (ie. to protect screen) and seemingly unsophisticated accessory? Is it ever going to appear or has it been withdrawn without any announcement? What's going on??
I was in NYC the other week and nobody at the Nokia store knew anything about it. You would think from the announcement in Jan to now, there should be enough time to manufacture and ship from the Far East or make it anywhere and ship it for sale by now: maybe it is imminent...

Rich

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by richie View Post
I was in NYC the other week and nobody at the Nokia store knew anything about it. You would think from the announcement in Jan to now, there should be enough time to manufacture and ship from the Far East or make it anywhere and ship it for sale by now: maybe it is imminent...

Rich
I betcha there is an issue with the magnets used and the radios.

Back to the Navigator kit... Does this mean there are US maps available? Nothing seems to be mentioned about them on the Navicore site.

What I would like to know is when we in North America can buy the Nav Kit with European maps. I travel to Europe a lot and I would like to purchase it before my next trip. The nokiausa.com site says it is out of stock.

Originally Posted by neocx View Post
What I would like to know is when we in North America can buy the Nav Kit with European maps. I travel to Europe a lot and I would like to purchase it before my next trip. The nokiausa.com site says it is out of stock.
I think never, because nearly nobody needs it. If you travel a lot to Europe you can buy it there.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by kotzkind View Post
I think never, because nearly nobody needs it. If you travel a lot to Europe you can buy it there.
That sounds like a logical option, but what are the odds the online European Nokia stores will deliver to a US address or validate a US credit card? Or deliver to a European address when purchasing with a US credit card?

Buying the Euro NavKit in a European bricks and mortar store should work... assuming you can find one.

The Navigation Kit includes European-wide maps. Map areas:
Benelux:
-Belgium
-Luxembourg
-Netherlands
Central Eastern Europe (only main roads covered):
-Baltic Countries
-Czech Republic
-Hungary
Poland
Slovakia
France
Germany & the Alps:
-Austria
-Germany
-Switzerland
Greece
Italy
Scandinavia:
-Denmark
-Finland
-Norway
-Sweden
Spain & Portugal
UK & Ireland

Where is the U.S. Version!? (And where is my N800!?)

Hm, I'm close to buying one.. although I have a perfectly good TomTom for my Palm PDA. But that means I also have a good BT GPS already, and the navicore kit includes another GPS.. which is a waste. I wonder if there are other combo options.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The Navicore software and the maps are downloadable from their website. You can only use it with a valid license key, though. But once you have bought Navicore, you can download and use the missing maps.