Hi all!
was anyone able to run TeamViewer on N900??

The Following User Says Thank You to fu.legend For This Useful Post:
TV seems to have gained iphone support, not seeing maemo support on their site. I will ask them about n900 cuz i have paid licenses to use.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne
yes this would be extremely useful, we just bought team viewer the other day! hope they port it over!

yeh. That will be great if you get a response from them! Don't forget to keep me updated.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Aaland Islands
would love to see an app for maemo aswell, unfortunately there seems to be no linux support at all so a port is not likely.

I tried the webviewer which is flash based but can't get it to work, it just kills the browser after a while.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I dont know if this helps but: You could always try to use VNC, that works fine

yeh i heard that vnc works. but it seems alot more complicated to use and connct. i have ultravnc installed on my laptop. do u mind running it through how to connect and install on N900?

thanks.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Aaland Islands
Originally Posted by Apox View Post
I dont know if this helps but: You could always try to use VNC, that works fine
Yea vnc works but teamviewer is so much easier to set up, and requires no firewall setup since it works over http.

TV is unvaluable for me when a customer need support, they just download and start the TV client and tell me a number displayed in the client and then I can connect to them no matter where I am, I just need a working internet connection.

well it works on iphone. i dont see why they can't port it to N900. but im saying that with no knowledge of linux at all! so i can be completely wrong!

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
This is what Teamviewer replied me after posting my request for the availability of their application for Maemo Devices.

Dear Mr. Hameed,

Thank you very much for your inquiry and your interest in a TeamViewer version for Maemo Devices.

We are currently observing the development of the iPhone App in order to be able to make any further decisions concerning the development of applications for other mobile devices.

We would be happy to add you to our mailing list and inform you as soon as a solution for other mobile devices will be released.

If you would like to be added to that list please send us your full contact details.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Jasmin Alber

The Following User Says Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post: