Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Just received my 5' or 6' mugen cover.. lost count.

nothing else to report

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Hi all,

it's more than a week I am trying to measure my dual Japod's health without success. First that

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
If it runs for too long at 6%/0%, it will reject the learn cycle on basis that such a sudden dramatic capacity increase is "impossible".

Solution: follow charging progress (from empty) using "./bq27200.sh 5". When RSOC hits 100%, continue charging 15-30 minutes, then disconnect charger and follow the instructuins posted earlier for calibrating.
Thanks to Shadowjk who perfectly explained why the charging shall be executed in incremental steps going from a single to a dual battery setup, now I am able to run until the out of juice point with VDQ=1.
The problem I am facing now is that some watchdog invokes a reboot when my battery tension is still in the 3300ma range. No way for me to get to the 3248ma point! I tried a cycle during which i closed all active progs (but an xterm with bq2700.sh -5 running) and disabled everything radio-related around 3400ma going to offline mode, then patiently waited looking at the tension. When first 329x ma tension appeared, it had been matter of second before seeing my N900 turning off with message "recharge battery NOW" (or what the message is in English language, mine is Italian).

Any clue on what am I missing?

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
2 scud's i bought from from Lucia Lui have just arrived - very friendly and kind service

i am very pleased with my purchase! they come in a fancy box and i got a free screen protector and fast shipping - they arrived in a only a few days

i recommend anyone buying batteries to get them from Lucia Lui

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/6...-Shipping.html

The Following User Says Thank You to fusi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
cheers vi_ that option was my favourite one don't fancy being spammed on my mobile, landline is bad enough!
One thing to note - they take your telephone number so they have a contact number if they can't deliver the parcel. I order quite a lot from the far east and around the world, and so far I've not had any strange calls!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaemoNoob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Hi all,

it's more than a week I am trying to measure my dual Japod's health without success. First that

Thanks to Shadowjk who perfectly explained why the charging shall be executed in incremental steps going from a single to a dual battery setup, now I am able to run until the out of juice point with VDQ=1.
The problem I am facing now is that some watchdog invokes a reboot when my battery tension is still in the 3300ma range. No way for me to get to the 3248ma point! I tried a cycle during which i closed all active progs (but an xterm with bq2700.sh -5 running) and disabled everything radio-related around 3400ma going to offline mode, then patiently waited looking at the tension. When first 329x ma tension appeared, it had been matter of second before seeing my N900 turning off with message "recharge battery NOW" (or what the message is in English language, mine is Italian).

Any clue on what am I missing?
I assume You've tried disabling bme, via (as root):

Code:
stop bme
...?

With bme disabled, You should be able to even drop into ~2850 mV, where Your phone just "dies" from out of power (warning, possible filesystem corruption - don't try it without proper rootfs/optfs backup, it doesn't help in process of calibrating chip, anyway). If stopping bme doesn't help, I'm out of ideas
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-08-05 at 22:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I just reflashed my N900, really nice to start over after a lot of crap installed, but on subject, disabling the BME will not allow drop under 3.2xxV, i have been running without BME for over 1 month before flashing, now im going to have it on, but if it starts to annoy me again it will go again.

To the point, disabling the bme should not do anything else then normal, my N900 shutdown at 3.2xxV anyway, this was observed when i put the batterygraph shots here with how long usage my dual scud would give me.... some 100+ posts ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I assume You've tried disabling bme, via (as root):

Code:
stop bme
To be honest I tried with

Code:
killall -STOP bme_rx-51
assuming it made the same, but the watchdog kicked in in 30 seconds time rebooting the device. It looks like Estel's suggestion doesn't let the watchdog to kick in and therefore my chances to succeed looks now higher than yesterday

---- EDIT

Read Dr_FrostDK post after I had posted mine, I will update you on my next valid discharge

Last edited by jurop88; 2011-08-06 at 06:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Btw, if batterygraph and battery-eye stuff still works, then bme is probably still running, because it's providing the voltage readings to HAL and battery widgets?

Also, if bq27xx module is loaded (comes with kernel-power), bme wont be able to restart as the kernel module blocks access.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by MaemoNoob View Post
One thing to note - they take your telephone number so they have a contact number if they can't deliver the parcel. I order quite a lot from the far east and around the world, and so far I've not had any strange calls!
lol well they wont be getting through to me on that number i've given!
they have email that'll do

ok, this one just to publicly share EDV=1, thank you everybody. Next - if things will go well - to share my dual Japod (ex dr_frost_dk) status after some months of hammering

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc