Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Certainly you should get rid of that piece-of-junk N900. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for $100. Just send me a PM and we can arrange the transfer. My current N900 is lonely and needs companionship...
HA! My N900 will always be with me, like a retired war horse that I hang out with in the stables. You will never see the day!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
But the n9 has something unique, something that you can't see in other phones. I really really suggest you get N9. I promise you wont miss any other phone when you get this on your hands.

I was owner of N900 too, and i like everything on it. Most of N900 owners next phone is N9, so within little time, N9 will come a better N900.

Only thing what i really miss in my n900 is keyboard, but you get used to it.

Of course it is your own decision what phone you will get. I just wrote my own opinions here , so don't get mad at me

Originally Posted by SaQ View Post
But the n9 has something unique, something that you can't see in other phones. I really really suggest you get N9. I promise you wont miss any other phone when you get this on your hands.

I was owner of N900 too, and i like everything on it. Most of N900 owners next phone is N9, so within little time, N9 will come a better N900.

Only thing what i really miss in my n900 is keyboard, but you get used to it.

Of course it is your own decision what phone you will get. I just wrote my own opinions here , so don't get mad at me
Yeah, I know what you mean. But it was different when the N900 was released, that cannot be argued;

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phone...onths-ago/5197

I am not disillusion - I don't expect any major updates for the N9, especially anytime soon, I MeeGo simply isn't enough for me. As I said, it is a still birth OS, a first gen at that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Really guys, no one here is going to try to talk me out of buying an iPhone???

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Really guys, no one here is going to try to talk me out of buying an iPhone???
Absolutely not. If you want glitz, if you want glamour, if you want carry around a little TV set that you can just sit and watch while you put your brain into "Park", you just can't do better than the iPhone. Android has tried to dumb-down Linux as much as they could, Nokia even dumbed-down Maemo for the N9, but for sheer drop-dead brainless usage nobody can or ever will beat Apple.

(Honestly, what do you want to do with the phone that the n900 can't do? Sure, the hardware keeps improving, but the only thing I've seen that used for is an increased ability to play movies and games. Why do you want a phone for that? Just get an iPod Touch instead, or even better, a tablet.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Earth
honestly, if I wasn't buying an N9 soon, I would go for an iPhone (sad, but true). There are no other highends with a different OS than Android, which personally I can't recommend and the rather-not-to-mention one (), which is relatively new too.

Last edited by ja-pc; 2012-03-02 at 16:22.

My Phone History the Last years

SE p1
Nokia e61

iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
Htc HD2
Palm pre 2
iPhone 4
Htc trophy
N900
iPhone 3GS
Hp pre 3 (at the Moment)

So i had every OS and now i'm looking for a cheap n9 (300€) and will give meego a Chance ( the Last Chance)

After that i'm home Baby and will get my x iPhone 4 device gg

Why?
Because it works, works, Works

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Most of us reading these messages have an N900 or N9. I don't care if someone moans that they are going to buy an iPhone or whatever. I'm very happy with my phone; buy what you want to buy. I don't mind...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Why don't you buy a fridge?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
If you want an iPhone, go ahead.
But if you want a really really nice phone that works really well as a phone, look at what's called a Pre 3.