Active Topics

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
In my experience most people that get a tablet and use it heavily still keep their PC around. This might change when tablets become more powerful and support higher storage capacity. But I don't see this happening anytime soon.
One of the nice things about my big tower is that i can actually rest both my arms on my desk while playing for 4hrs or doing other stuff. Try that with a touchscreen-enabled application, or motion sensitive controllers (a la Kinect).
Villeicht liegt's auch daran das ich einfach mit dem Scheiss nicht aufgewachsen bin, und niemals von mechanischen Tastaturen wechseln wuerde

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
I mentioned this before and i'm still convinced this would be the way forward.

Imagine the N9 and the N950 were developed further. Better, bigger screens. Better battery. Top of the line dual or quad core processors and more RAM.

You buy your phone. You take it home. You unbox it.

You connect the USB from your phone to your computer. And Nokia Suite opens.

It asks you one simple question:

Choose your operating system

Android
Windows Phone
MeeGo

Each operating system will be made for the device and will work perfectly. How about that for an ecosystem?

You wanna try windows, you got it. You wanna make sense of Android.. there it is. MeeGo, it's there.

Puts the power of choice back with the consumer and we get to use it on the hardware we all want to use.

Not only that, but people who would normally have gone with Windows or Android would get that exposure to MeeGo that they normally wouldn't.

It would be win win for Nokia, Windows and the Linux community.
LoL dude as if MS would ever agree to that let alone the carriers

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
From Facebook and Google+ reactions (from people I don't know but come across my postings), it looks to me as if there are a LOOOOT of very disappointed people who very much dislike Elop. So, yeah--it looks like it's just a vocal out on the general Internet as it is here, if I'm to go by social network standards.

[/CENTER]
Yup, pretty much the same experience here. Plus disappointed Lumia 800 owners(to a lesser extent L710), online & offline, especially if they are/were Nokia Symbian users. Along the lines of the Pakistan forumer who has bought both the N9 & L800, misses the N9(put in old phone model)

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Apollo Nokia phones to be “amazing”

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/03/26/no...attan-updates/
Yea, I have a friend that has a friend that has talked to some guy that said Android is amazing.

Seriously, what is that link supposed to prove?

Apollo won't even come to existing Lumias, so why bother? I thought the Lumia was supposed to be the new an great, but it turns out the Lumia is just a stop gap solution, more like Windows Me or whatever it was called.

I don't find the Lumia all that tempting, but if I'm getting one, at least I will be sure I get the real thing, not something that is obsolete in a few months.

So now Lumia is the new N9, scrapped even before most people know about it.

I remember the old days, back when smartphones were smart. I had three choices; WM, Palm and Symbian. Symbian was King. Palm was the smoothest and quickest. WM was, I don't know exactly, but it was something.

Today I also have three choices: Harmattan, Symbian and Android. Symbian still is king-ish on the right device. Harmattan is a bit undefinable, but OK. Android keeps getting better.

Tomorrow my three choices are: Android, Android and Android.

So while I make up my mind about which Android, I can watch Nokia go down the drain.

What is so great about Apollo? Or to rephrase, what is so bad about WP7?

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Tomorrow my three choices are: Android, Android and Android.

So while I make up my mind about which Android, I can watch Nokia go down the drain.
I'm with you there, with MeeGo and Symbian gone Android becomes the best remaining option.

Thankfully, as you rightly say, it does keep getting better.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I'm with you there, with MeeGo and Symbian gone Android becomes the best remaining option.

The least horrible one if you ask me.I hope for some cool boot to gecko or ubuntu devices but I'm not waiting for much.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post

personally I dont trust microsoft, and I dont trust google. For me its simple: when my n9/n900 dies. I will not replace it until someone comes with an open pltform.

ireally dont get why people trust google?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wouldnt trust google either. Never owned Android, never will, nothing appealing there for me.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I wouldnt trust google either. Never owned Android, never will, nothing appealing there for me.
You shouldn't trust Google. The only thing you should trust is that Samsung makes excellent Android phones. That is a fact. My Nexus S was OK, gave it away, miss it.

I really don't want say much in this thread but I share this with you:

First I read this:

http://www.wallstreet-online.de/nach...cility-vietnam

then I this:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/2...n-vietnam-who/

No offense, simply posting it.

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun