Notices

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by evad View Post
The only MicroB hack I'd love to see is the one that would fix the lag between entering an URL in address bar and the moment when page actually starts loading. See here for more detailed description of this issue (copy below).
Amen to that, I have that problem too and cannot figure why it happens. It didn't seem to happen when I first got my N900 so I can only think its something I installed that broke it, or something in PR1.1.1 as I can't remember if it was fine after I flashed clean or not.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Amen to that, I have that problem too and cannot figure why it happens. It didn't seem to happen when I first got my N900 so I can only think its something I installed that broke it, or something in PR1.1.1 as I can't remember if it was fine after I flashed clean or not.
This issue is quite intermittent, actually. Sometimes (very rarely tough) browser starts pageload instantly, yet more often that annoying lag occurs. Fennec/Firefox doesn't seem to have this problem at all.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Does anyone elses browser flicker each time they return to microB from the multi tasking window?

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Does anyone elses browser flicker each time they return to microB from the multi tasking window?
I get that everytime. I think it's something to do with the page being copied when you switch to save memory?

Good news though, when I tried LPR 1.2, it seems to have gone.

Originally Posted by mihapodb View Post
Is there any way of opening pages in "new tab" in BACKGROUND? So I just open new tabs in backgrounds instead I have to always switch back to original webpage?

Thanks

can this be altered in about:config?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by evad View Post
The only MicroB hack I'd love to see is the one that would fix the lag between entering an URL in address bar and the moment when page actually starts loading. See here for more detailed description of this issue (copy below).
I always thought this was due to the power saving feature. Wifi connection has an option to set power saving to None. It's Maximum by default. Not so sure about 3G connection though as there's no such option. But yeah, it would be good if it was more immediate. Sometimes, it's instant with no lag, sometimes, lag is annoyingly long.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I always thought this was due to the power saving feature. Wifi connection has an option to set power saving to None. It's Maximum by default. Not so sure about 3G connection though as there's no such option. But yeah, it would be good if it was more immediate. Sometimes, it's instant with no lag, sometimes, lag is annoyingly long.
Well, that's what I have been suspecting too, yet the same lag occurs while loading html stored in device memory (ie. file:///home/user/MyDocs/something.html). Let's see if PR1.2 fixes that... upgrading as we speak.

UPDATE:
Nope, nothing changed - the lag is still there in PR1.2.

Last edited by evad; 2010-05-25 at 09:38. Reason: Checked issue with PR1.2

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Somewhere out West
The best browser to mod on I think is the earlier Fennec/minefield builds. Here is some pics of mine running fasterfox custom settings.This build http://arstechnica.com/open-source/n...ser-market.ars (bottom of page) of Fennec gives you desktop minefield to mod and play with.
Attached Images

Last edited by Caballero; 2010-05-26 at 01:49.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
EDIT: [GREAT WEBBROWSER FEATURE - PROBLEM SOLVED]

FEATURE - HOW TO GET FULL VERSION OF WEBSITES INSTEAD OF THE MOBILE VERSION:

i finally found the easiest solution - its described here:
http://gerrymoth.co.uk/?p=108

The easiest solution is to download and install "Hide User Agent" from extras-devel (in the networking section)

to get the full webbrowsing experience i wrote "Firefox/3.6.3" as user agent... this can be done by launching "Settings" in the App menu (and then theres a setting installed there called "Hide user agent")

heres some configs that may be useful for compatibility purposes - i took them from his website:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; U; Series60/5.0 Nokia5800d-1/21.0.025; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71/1.00.000; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A542a Safari/419.3

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Mozilla/5.0(iPad; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B314 Safari/531.21.10

PS. BTW, there may be a reason its configured for mobile use... as example, on youtube u will now be able to choose 360p, 480p and 720p - and u will see that 720p+ hogs the device quite a bit

(here is the old post

hey there, i have a request for a mod:

When i visit several famous sites like Google, Facebook and MSN the webbrowser autodefault to visit the MOBILE VERSION of the page.

REQUEST: how would i tweak the browser to falsely identify itself as a desktop computer, so that i will visit the desktop version as default?

im willing to install another webbrowser if that is what is required, but those ive tried so far have no option to change this ...atleast i havent found a option like this.

PS. i know there are links on Facebook and Google to visit desktop version, but many websites dont have this option - and therefore there is no way to visit the Desktop version on those sites.

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-05-30 at 22:26.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Feel free to vote:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10437

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post: