Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Some more coverage here:
http://www.nokiasiemensnetworksevents.com/index.asp

N810W is shown quite a many places...

EDIT: Just finished watching the day 2 videos... there are actually much more interesting that I first thought.

Last edited by Mara; 2008-04-03 at 16:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 107 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ New Jersey
Some more media coverage here.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Some more coverage here:
http://www.nokiasiemensnetworksevents.com/index.asp

N810W is shown quite a many places...

EDIT: Just finished watching the day 2 videos... there are actually much more interesting that I first thought.
Nice video!!

It seems they are using canola2.

Mara. How can we make a feature request?

I mean i think fm transmitter is a wonderful addon to the internet tablets. For example in the video where the lady shows streaming internet radio in the car.... how cool it would be to stream the radio via an fm transmitter(which is already built in the n78) without any wires?

Is it there any way that nokia considers feature requests from customers? If yes how is the best way to go about it?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
how cool it would be to stream the radio via an fm transmitter(which is already built in the n78) without any wires?

Is it there any way that nokia considers feature requests from customers? If yes how is the best way to go about it?
That suggestion was submitted to the proper internal channel quite some time ago (not by me). I don't know if it's beeing considered or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I just sent the video to engadget. Lets see if they publish it. Can they? or do they have to take permission?

I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about this yet to be functional Sprint Xohm Wimax. Firstly, I was under the opinion that it will initially be tested on Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. Those are popular areas, but I don't see how it's possible everyone on internettablettalk.com lives there. Hell, I live in NYC and Sprint isn't even going to offer it here! If it's not in NYC, there's a slim chance it will reach some no name cities.

Secondly, the costs! I guess the IT is already an expensive toy but I am not made of money. It's one thing to cough up some dough and another to cough up that dough monthly. Data plan's aren't cheap, experimental plans aren't cheap, and Sprint isn't cheap, so I don't expect an experimental data plan from Sprint to be cheap. Then again, that's just me.

Thirdly, the battery. I don't know how it will fare so I will just leave it at that. Battery life of online gadgets is always pretty poor, so I don't know if this point is exactly valid. I like BT tethering because it takes very little battery life from the IT, but it kills my phone. I guess there's just no getting around the battery life. At least the battery is replaceable, unlike some (Apple) devices.

So, on another note I just got a N810. I don't want to wait for the wimax version, and I don't even know if I will use the wimax or be impressed by it. I am selling my N800 on ebay, so I will do that shortly and post again in the for sale section.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by MstPrgmr View Post
Hell, I live in NYC and Sprint isn't even going to offer it here! If it's not in NYC, there's a slim chance it will reach some no name cities.
Hey, I live in a city with no name.
But WiMAX is here in this big 'ole backwater town. But you can't have it like the promo suggests, yet.

Secondly, the costs!
Data plan's aren't cheap, experimental plans aren't cheap, and Sprint isn't cheap, so I don't expect an experimental data plan from Sprint to be cheap. Then again, that's just me.
Won't somebody think of the children errr, costs!
Data plans are only expensive because well, we've been taught to think that data is special. To me it is all data and what I run on it is my choice. I choose not to pay by the application, phone, text, chat, email, browsing, etc; it is all simply data and the provider doesn't need to provide anything more than a simple ISP.

Do you use a cell phone? I don't for the same reason that I don't have t.v., sat, landline, howard stern, or a video rental card; costs. I pay only for internet, aka data. The phone/communications, research, and entertainment is via those data tubes. Being more mobile with my data is a service I might want to pay for. But not via the way it is offered and priced with the current systems. yeah, it is kinda a big deal.

Thirdly, the battery.
always an issue as more and more is stuffed into the pocket but we're only mobile long enough to get somewhere so we'll just need to make it easy to power and charge them in more places.

So, on another note I just got a N810. I don't want to wait for the wimax version, and I don't even know if I will use the wimax or be impressed by it. I am selling my N800 on ebay, so I will do that shortly and post again in the for sale section.
Well I don't have very high hopes for the short term either. I'm doing fairly well with WiFI already and can always hope for true mobility.