I am about to flash 1.3 onto my device here. I've been reading trying to find out if there are any major gotchas, but it looks like you're ok with the vanilla (non-OC'd, etc) installation.

Two questions, though: is /usr/bin/cherry--aka the My Nokia thief--still in 1.3 or did they remove it? And did they ever fix the camera problems introduced with 1.2?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Installed via PC Suite.
All went smoothly.
Made back up prior to installation and restored it after.
I had to download 112 apps again but it can all be done in one go although it takes a while.
Some desktops lose widgets if the app was deleted in the update and Desktop activity manager loses all it's settings so it may mean having to rebuild your desktops. A minor irritation and nothing major.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
has anyone noticed that when trying to set a font colour in the terminal, you can't if using the colour pad, instead you can only click pre-defined colour selections?

Originally Posted by storkus View Post
I am about to flash 1.3 onto my device here. I've been reading trying to find out if there are any major gotchas, but it looks like you're ok with the vanilla (non-OC'd, etc) installation.

Two questions, though: is /usr/bin/cherry--aka the My Nokia thief--still in 1.3 or did they remove it? And did they ever fix the camera problems introduced with 1.2?
T-Mobile america with my favs (not sure this is the source) texting those contacts becomes a problem because the my favs add a +1 before their number, outgoing messages get all jacked up, and conversation history gets deleted.

Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
Installed via PC Suite.
All went smoothly.
Made back up prior to installation and restored it after.
I had to download 112 apps again but it can all be done in one go although it takes a while.
Some desktops lose widgets if the app was deleted in the update and Desktop activity manager loses all it's settings so it may mean having to rebuild your desktops. A minor irritation and nothing major.
Restore your Backup again after re-installing the applications. You will be surprised...

the update erases even photos and video?

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
Restore your Backup again after re-installing the applications. You will be surprised...
To be honest I just checked again and it seems to be ok.
Must have come back after I rebooted when Live wallpaper was causing an issue

Originally Posted by Nemesis82 View Post
the update erases even photos and video?
It didn't for me

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
everytime i reboot my phone i lose my contacts and have to copy from SIM each time?

UK Voda running Global 1.3