Hello,

to conclude the issue here is what I have done:

-created two scripts containing
usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh /dev/mmcblk1p1
AND usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-disable.sh
-created two desktop links with nice icons

upon connecting USB cable I press one icon, for removal the other.

So long,
Enrico

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnricoL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2012 @ port harcourt
Hello I am having d same problem Enricol had but quite unlike him I am a newbie with N900, my N900 is no longer able to connect via USB in mass storage and PC Suite mode since yesterday. When connecting the USB cable I only noticed the charging action, no popup to choose the mass storage mode or PC suite. I have also tried different usb cable no solution. Please is there anything i should do to solve this crucial problem?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mrbee View Post
Hello I am having d same problem Enricol had but quite unlike him I am a newbie with N900, my N900 is no longer able to connect via USB in mass storage and PC Suite mode since yesterday. When connecting the USB cable I only noticed the charging action, no popup to choose the mass storage mode or PC suite. I have also tried different usb cable no solution.
It is possible that you are facing the dreaded USB port problem (although the fact that you can still charge is good).

Enricol's problem was due to the software he'd installed on his machine; would you happen to know the version of the OS you are using? In particular, have you replaced the kernel or performed any other upgrades that may mess with the operating system?

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
any fix on this ?,i'm facing this problem also ,the reflash can't be done now , usb it's working in backupmenu , it's a software related problem , not hardware , any hints?

Try calling (as root) osso-usb-mass-storage-disable.sh, and/or unloading all approriate modules (and loading them again - things like g_file etc).

As a temporary workaround you may try using this (while connected by usb, physically):

Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r g_nokia
modprobe -r g_file_storage
sleep 1
modprobe g_file_storage stall=0 luns=2 ro=0 removable
echo /dev/mmcblk0 > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/gadget-lun0/file
echo /dev/mmcblk1 > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/gadget-lun1/file
It does exactly same thing as backupmenu does, so if it work there, should work inside Maemo, too. Unless something else is occupying modules/luns, in which case either you know what $itte you've installed and remove it, or reflash is a must.

Also, warning about above script - written by hand at nearly 5 AM o'clock, so watch for typos, and if something won't work, you *may* actually need to use brain and read error messages + act accordingly to tweak something in above commands.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-04-14 at 02:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by EnricoL View Post
Hello,

to conclude the issue here is what I have done:

-created two scripts containing
usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh /dev/mmcblk1p1
AND usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-disable.sh
-created two desktop links with nice icons

upon connecting USB cable I press one icon, for removal the other.

So long,
Enrico
Hello.

Could You please post your .desktop files, that you created ?

Thanks