Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL

I have a small number of extra belt-clip cases that fit the N800 and N810 quite well. The cases are leather, with reinforced (stiff) front and back to protect the tablet. There are two small elastic pouches within, exactly the right size to hold standard SD cards.

I am asking $20.00 each, plus shipping. For folks in the US, figure on about $5.00, via US Mail. The pictures show the case I have been using for the past 7 or 8 months for my N800. The cases for sale are new/unused. There is a Hewlett Packard logo embossed on the closure; I'm guessing these were originally designed for some sort of calculator.

Payment via paypal is preferred. Limited number available. First come, first served. Contact me via PM for details and/or questions.

Hmmm... more likely for a Jornada iPAQ, I'd guess. The only HP calculators that take SD cards are the 49G+ and 50, which are mechanically similar and both ~1.5" longer than an N800. (It's kind of a shame the same pouch doesn't fit both, or I'd be grabbing two of these...)

Looks similar to either FA160A#AC3 (different catch arrangement, wider flap), or FA350A#AC3 (short flap, either wrong catch or no SD pockets on front).

Interesting...

How strong is the clip holding the unit to the belt? That is, could a pickpocket remove the case or the IT without being noticed?

Thanks

Originally Posted by oldmancoyote1 View Post
Interesting...

How strong is the clip holding the unit to the belt? That is, could a pickpocket remove the case or the IT without being noticed?

Thanks
Probably depends how good the pickpocket is...

You can always pop-rivet the tail of the clip down to make a loop instead. Did that on a cell holster I used to have. Not for pickpockets, but because the holster would unclip from my belt before the phone came out of the holster.

Originally Posted by oldmancoyote1
It's a good, strong clip. I've sat down quickly in conference room chairs, hitting the case on the chair's left arm support, and the case wasn't unclipped from my belt, nor was the N800 dislodged from the case...

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ District of Columbia
Briand, thanks. I think I will get with you in a few as soon as I finished my search. This seems to be the most feasible answer to a belt clip. If it didn't have that hp logo on it I would be all over it, for some reason that is bothering me lol. But again, thanks for posting this!

OK, got mine. Clip is indeed excellently strong, and it holds my N800 rather snugly. It's a really nice case for the tablet.

Provided you've got room on your belt for a second one, these also work well as a case for an iGo Stowaway keyboard, or (with serious stretching, but I think no risk of harm) for a Black and Decker CP120B 20W power-pack (battery with USB and 110V inverter outputs), with a wall-wart plugged in and powering something. Alas, the N800's power jack is covered while in the case, but for powering GPS/speakers/etc...

Got any left? I'm interested in grabbing a couple more...

Yep.. still have a few left. send me a PM and let me know what you need.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
FYI, these are HP Cases for the IPAQ 5000/5500 series

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Tags
belt, case, clip, n800, n810