Active Topics

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Any idea on how to solve the problem reported in this thread on a non-Android phone? I'm having it after a purchase, and got no occasion to install the app.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Today I found an interesting mistake and got paid app issue solved. I simply deleted google service setting and just leave play store alone and after restart the "can't retrieve information" error has gone, I can purchase and download as usual. Still have the installation bug, have to use Manatus' method mentioned before. But at least I don't need to login to web play store and "push" the app any more. (referring to #1)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
chenliangchen, did you (or anyone else) tried Blackmart already?
This could be a workaround for the Play Store

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Is there any way to fully remove google play and restore the /opt/alien/system folder, as i forgot to backup before installing...

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
chenliangchen, did you (or anyone else) tried Blackmart already?
This could be a workaround for the Play Store
The advantage about Play store is some paid content which may not be popular and not listed in other stores. Also Play store receives updates on the first place (usually). As Google left business in China, there are hundreds of 3rd party app stores such as hiapk or anzhi etc. most of them has more than 300000 apps but still, all free stuff. There is even a store called wandoujia in Chinese which combines dozens of 3rd party stores into one and has more than a million apps lol. I don't really trust blackmarts as malware can be easily implemented and they do lack some good proper stuff

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Thanks a lot!

- I picked first option: "1. you can just use terminal on the phone. rsync is a tool to synchronize files & dirs, so there's no need to call it via ssh"
- rsync was done right away without errors
- rebooted phone
- downloaded google services and store
- installed
- and now it seems to be working. I just downloaded and installed Viber.
First, I ran rsync through SSH, and SSH lost connection immediately after pressing enter, Google Services installed OK, also Google Play installed OK, but crashed immediately after start.

I repeated the rsync process through the phone's terminal, no errors were reported, Google Services showed a couple more configurable items than before, Google Play was missing. Installed Google Play again, and it started OK.

Conclusion: try using the phone's terminal instead of SSH although it is a pain to type with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tumpelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Is there any way to fully remove google play and restore the /opt/alien/system folder, as i forgot to backup before installing...
uninstall android support, delete /opt , reboot, reinstall android support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Everytime i got some updates from the Play store and install it. App will work, but i lost desktop icon everytime (so remove install needed everytime). Does someone else has this problem?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Everytime i got some updates from the Play store and install it. App will work, but i lost desktop icon everytime (so remove install needed everytime). Does someone else has this problem?
I keep losing Play Store icon too, although not updates for me as I haven't done any for a while, auto-updates disabled too. I also get frequent pop-ups referencing something like google.apps not responding. Although first few times I lost Play icon I never received these pop-ups.

May be something to do with conflicts between the older files installed to enable Play and Alien Dalvik. Interesting you mention updates though, as I previously did have the My O2 app installed, but now refuses to install, returning "Incompatible update."

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Yes, it seems to be a bug that the Jolla menu thinks an app is uninstalling when really it's just upgrading. If you reboot your phone, it notices the app is still there and restores the icon.
If you install an Android launcher (Go Launcher has been suggested round here, works ok, but does occasionally pester you to buy extra features) then all the icons are present and correct in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post: