Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
I know this place is probably not the place where people might use a Symbian phone but I am going to put this out here anyway:
I have a Symbian smart installer uploaded. I'd appreciate if someone could try it and provide some feedback.
It is named "qgvdial_installer.sis"

Thanks.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

<Farnsworth>Good news everyone!</Farnsworth>
QGVDial is now in extras-devel. Name: "qgvdial".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
That's great to hear its in extras-devel. Once it hits -testing maybe I'll give it a try. I'm curious to see how well your new UI works out.

I can't remember if I brought this up before but would there be any trademark concerns over GV? That is why the previous Dialcentral maintainer wanted to move away from GCDialer.

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Will this ever be made available on Diablo 4?
I guess I'm spoiled with epage always thinking about more than just the N900 phone.
Traitor

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
That's great to hear its in extras-devel. Once it hits -testing maybe I'll give it a try. I'm curious to see how well your new UI works out.

I can't remember if I brought this up before but would there be any trademark concerns over GV? That is why the previous Dialcentral maintainer wanted to move away from GCDialer.
I'm dependent on the members here to tell me how to make the UI better... Right now, all beautification is entirely copy pasted from some samples on the Net.

Not sure about the trademarks - Google hasn't gotten on my case yet.

Is there a way to send a sms message using a dbus command (similar to what mycontacts uses to place a call)?

New build: Sending SMS now works.

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Is there a way to send a sms message using a dbus command (similar to what mycontacts uses to place a call)?
Nope - do you need it?

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
New build: Sending SMS now works.

Nope - do you need it?
It would be awesome if I could have access to it. I had a few ideas that I wanted to send sms messages from through google, and a dbus interface would make it a lot easier for me.

I am sure other people could find uses for it too.

It would be awesome if I could have access to it. I had a few ideas that I wanted to send sms messages from through google, and a dbus interface would make it a lot easier for me.

I am sure other people could find uses for it too.
TOR provides a DBus interface Ok, not as simple as you are looking for. I think the Qt people have been playing with making sending IMs through telepathy easier...

Originally Posted by epage View Post
TOR provides a DBus interface Ok, not as simple as you are looking for. I think the Qt people have been playing with making sending IMs through telepathy easier...
Do you know if there is a dbus (or some other) interface that allows me to send messages via im? I have my google voice account setup through gvmax so I can send and receive text messages via google talk.

Any chance of getting direct dial instead of callbacks in TOR? - You could make this a checkbox in the settings menu. I really want google voice direct dial to be integrated into the phone menus.

Last edited by xur17; 2010-09-03 at 21:31.

[QUOTE=xur17;806641]Do you know if there is a dbus (or some other) interface that allows me to send messages via im? I have my google voice account setup through gvmax so I can send and receive text messages via google talk.

Telepathy lets you send IMs (TOR, gvmax through jabber, etc) through dbus. There is suppose to be a simplified Qt-esque interface on top of it.

Any chance of getting direct dial instead of callbacks in TOR? - You could make this a checkbox in the settings menu. I really want google voice direct dial to be integrated into the phone menus.
Being a config option isn't an issue, I've just not gotten it working with my gv api (TOR is implemented in Python, and qgvdial is in C++ so not a direct 1-to-1 mapping)