Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
I do the reset devtools and kill msyncd tasks.
But after 5-10 minutes, the weather icon is blank again.
I'm out on this.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Setubal, Portugal
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Yes, after flight mode I have the same problem. But killing msyncd solves the problem for me without rebooting.
The only way i got it working was to disable the battery saver mode and turn background connections on

Originally Posted by tiiagoFernandez View Post
The only way i got it working was to disable the battery saver mode and turn background connections on
OK, i was not tried yet with background connection ON.
I'll try it, although i know it will cut the batteris into half.

Originally Posted by efion View Post
OK, i was not tried yet with background connection ON.
I'll try it, although i know it will cut the batteris into half.
Dont forget to reboot Its important.
But with PR1.2 it doesnt drain that much, i have a daemon running background and the phone hangs 1 day with regular use battery save was just about the same

The Following User Says Thank You to tiiagoFernandez For This Useful Post:
Dont forget to reboot Its important.
But with PR1.2 it doesnt drain that much, i have a daemon running background and the phone hangs 1 day with regular use battery save was just about the same
Thx for the info
Trying now

The first Time I had solved the problem by uninstalling the entire Developer stuff, but after 2 weeks it has reappeared.

After I had done this procedure again and had installed the Developer stuff again, Accuweather has ever stopped working. For several days I have hence this developer stuff again uninstalled and Accuweather works perfectly. The problem seems to be so effective in these two applications that are somehow incompatible.

Edit: I've enabled always the background connections

Last edited by delmar; 2012-03-29 at 12:12.

Uhm... yes... Accuweather only syncs with background connections. It seems to built this way. It tries to sync every hour and if there is no active connection, it cannot sync and greys out the icon on the Events screen. It doesn't initiate a connection to sync when background connections are disabled.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Uhm... yes... Accuweather only syncs with background connections. It seems to built this way. It tries to sync every hour and if there is no active connection, it cannot sync and greys out the icon on the Events screen. It doesn't initiate a connection to sync when background connections are disabled.
Yep, that seems how it works - which makes perfect sense to me.

But.. It stops working correctly when battery save mode is on :/
Restarting process now..

So.. u say it syncs every hour.. Any way to go to a config file to change this? If more sync time.. more cache time?

This is just me throwing ideas :P