Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Thanks for all the work Karam, and hope everything gets better soon.

I've attached some screenshots to show the effect of battery patch on my device. One of them is edited because I merged two screenshots, and one show the battery use under medium load. Ignore the last part of the third picture, because that's on android.

Photo album
Hi,
I'm looking at the screenshot of your phone where the CPU activity is almost completely down to zero (during the early hours). I don't get this behaviour with the patch on my phone. Is this achieved by using the patch as-is or did you need to do something else?
Thanks!

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Unless you're doing something on your phone, CPU activity should be down to almost 0 when locked and idle.
Anyway, to reply to your question, I have kp49 and swapolube installed among many other things of course.

from my observation after installing speedpatch update 5.8 - my battery can stay until 13 hours with call and texting with wifi on. its improves from previous version, but sometimes when i open my picture after leave it untill the phone standby, the screen become blank and cant do anything unless long press to switch off. its happen again if im open a lots off applications or page.

please advice ( sorry for my broken english)

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by karam View Post
@woody14619
as i said before i didn't mean to rude
but after i saw your post in the previous pages
i got angry a bit
again my apologies
I'd like to say I'm sorry too. I think we have both been on the edge of life lately and both may have been angry for other things and bringing that here. My intent is not to insult or anger, but to build and protect.

as well as the apps launched from xterminal by user have their own cgroup
plus there is release_agent which my not be very important
specially on N900 as there are limited count of apps launched by user from xterminal
Actually... This is something I talked of before, but just recently confirmed. The changes don't affect only apps launched from xterminal. They will affect any script that's run, and in some cases could affect a process launched by the script. I tested this by doing a simple script like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/osso_calculator
Sure enough, osso_calculator was in your group, since the process ID started life as a script, and it's ID was therefore injected as part of the group. So this doesn't effect just scripts, or just things from xterm. It effects any script, and anything that the script execs (not to be confused with any children the script spawns, they're different and do not appear to inherit the parents cgroup membership).

This would explain some of the odd activity in the groupings, and would explain why some people are seeing large results while others are not, as different tools launch in different ways.

@ALL i may not be able to continue updating speedpatch or batterypatch

having a lot of electricity balckouts and getting to the internet is pretty hard around here (my place)
I have been following the news on your country and was wondering if it would start to affect you at some time. I wish you all well and hope to see you come through this safely. Peace be upon you!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mohd012z View Post
from my observation after installing speedpatch update 5.8 - my battery can stay until 13 hours with call and texting with wifi on. its improves from previous version, but sometimes when i open my picture after leave it untill the phone standby, the screen become blank and cant do anything unless long press to switch off. its happen again if im open a lots off applications or page.

please advice ( sorry for my broken english)
i am facing the same problem. when in xrerminal i typd root then reboot. the phone reboots bt it just appeared a black screen. cant do anyghng unless switched off by power button. then turning on the phone again. then there is no problem. i faced the problem everytime i tried rebooting thru terminal.

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i am facing the same problem. when in xrerminal i typd root then reboot. the phone reboots bt it just appeared a black screen. cant do anyghng unless switched off by power button. then turning on the phone again. then there is no problem. i faced the problem everytime i tried rebooting thru terminal.
yes.. mee tooo... and also I dont have the touch vibration ever since i updated to the latest speedpatch/battpatch

i have latest sp..bp..touch vib..reboot from xterm all working fine..

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
so much advertising about a bug free sp..i should have know better by now..same reboot issue here...

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Unless you're doing something on your phone, CPU activity should be down to almost 0 when locked and idle.
Anyway, to reply to your question, I have kp49 and swapolube installed among many other things of course.
OK, I have the same setup, kp49, swapolube etc but battery graph is showing at least 20% cpu all the time even when idle and offline, no obvious rogue process causing it.

WTF reboot problem
are you guys stup*d ?
this bug is of kernel-power it is fixed with 50 as changelog of pre50
vibr works fine with me

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammad For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe