Closed Thread
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Not sure where to post this, and it's not that I care that much, but maybe enough to make this thread, but the user n0ak is going under the alter-ego of Har4oo2 and thanking every last one of his posts just to beef up his reputation rating.

The profiles are near identical, joined around the same time, his ae only has 3 posts but has thanked over 50 times nearly all of which are to n0ak.
See here all the threads he has thanked, and they are all (but one or two) to n0ak.

Doubt any cares at all, but I do use the reputation system as a way to judge the reliability/trustworthiness of the information someone has posted.

Last edited by jd4200; 2010-07-22 at 16:29.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
/care.....

sounds liek a very greatful reader.

Nice find. Put me on the jury of 12. n0ak is the suck. Nuke'm.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Could be trying to game the Karma system I suppose, assuming this system is every used for anything "tangible" in future if you know what I mea. Only the Har4oo2 account is linked to maemo.org but the n0ak account could be linked at any time in the future and start accruing Karma resulting from these suspicious "Thanks".

I would be inclined to suggest the Thanks applied to n0ak by user Har4oo2 should be removed from the t.m.o database and the Har4oo2 account banned.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Yeah I would say that this is a bit suspicious.... especially considering that none of these posts are really thank-worthy

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
He's also very consistent in using the "exclamation point-space-smiley" combo.

On both accounts.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
He's also very consistent in using the "exclamation point-space-smiley" combo.

On both accounts.
heh, you beat me to it!

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I love seeing my number thanks going up as much as the next guy, but what really is the point of "Thanks Fraud"?

Is there any tangible motive for wanting to arbitrarily increase your thank count?

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I love seeing my number thanks going up as much as the next guy, but what really is the point of "Thanks Fraud"?
If policies stay the same, it can have an effect on discount eligibilities. It is unlikely that I would own an n900 otherwise. I would be sad and not even know why.

It's far from a perfect system, but the complaints have been few relative to the praises.

Closed Thread

Tags
n0ak is tool in, spanish