Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Hmm.. that does indicate that you're trying to load a profile that's been deleted (just wanted to verify). Also, be careful with your spaces! There should be no space between the dash and the u in the gconftool command. On top of that it's load_prof, not load_pref.

To verify, you can install gconf-editor, and browse to /apps/rdesktopand check what value the load_prof key is set to. You can also edit or unset the key by right clicking on it in gconf-editor.

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Also, be careful with your spaces! There should be no space between the dash and the u in the gconftool command. On top of that it's load_prof, not load_pref.
Yep, my bad. I really shouldn't be posting in the early hours of the morning .

To verify, you can install gconf-editor, and browse to /apps/rdesktopand check what value the load_prof key is set to. You can also edit or unset the key by right clicking on it in gconf-editor.
I installed gconf-editor as you suggested and the entries for the rdesktop key are shown below.

I reset the server keys to match my IP.
Initially it didn't appear to solve the issue but I ran
Code:
gconftool -u /apps/rdesktop/load_prof
again and that appears to have cleared the loadprof 8 entry.

In any case the issue seems to be resolved without having to reflash. Thanks a lot for your patience and help .

P.S. Out of curiosity what does the load_prof key do?

Just out of curiousity, running this on my 770 with OS2007HE, problem im having is when the screen turns off (got this set for 5 mins at the moment) then is turned back on the rdesktop application is not full screen.

Is there any way to keep it full screen?

Besides that, excellent application!

nry: Not that I know of... I experimented a lot with getting fullscreen/unfullscreen to work. I have no experience in C, much less dealing with X windows, so my implementation of getting it fullscreen is pretty hacky. I welcome anyone to look over the code and see if something can be done better, but you'll just have to deal with putting it back to full screen until that happens.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
nry: Not that I know of... I experimented a lot with getting fullscreen/unfullscreen to work. I have no experience in C, much less dealing with X windows, so my implementation of getting it fullscreen is pretty hacky. I welcome anyone to look over the code and see if something can be done better, but you'll just have to deal with putting it back to full screen until that happens.
libosso has a function that lets you do things when the display goes off (generally for power saving etc)

Here's my half-working (well, it catches the display going off but the fullscreening is iffy), lame attempt (my C sucks; hoping to catch the Vala and Python ship myself) of getting it to toggle fullscreen when the display goes off:
http://pastebin.com/f54a1b074

Actually, come think of it: You'd want to enable fullscreen when state is OSSO_DISPLAY_ON as you unfullscreen it beforehand.
And I should really osso_deinitialize...

But, anyway, many thanks for this: I find it usable now that I have a keyboard.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-07-07 at 11:10.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
I just started using this for the first time and had a question, is it possible to copy a file from a folder on my pc to my tablet?

Nevermind, figured that one out....any idea why this will connect to my xp machine, but not to my vista, will most routers with a firewall not let you open a port to two different computers on the same network?

munky261: It'd be impossible to have one port forwarded to two different computers... Your router would never know where to put the traffic! Try following Microsoft's directions for how to change the port RDP uses... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306759

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
It seems I cant connect cause my vista machine is only home premium. Dammit...lol

Ok, another question, my xp machine connects fine when on the same network but wont connect outside of that, any ideas what I have to do to get it to connect from anywhere?

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop