Closed Thread
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
I am working on it :-)

costet me several hours, but 5mins ago I got the first version working!
I am new to this C++ stuff and never worked with OpenGL/ES2 so I had much to learn the past two days.

In my first tests I had a working version which didn't render the sky (not stars etc displayed), this was nearly out of the box, not much work to do.

Then I started to experiment with that OpenGLES stuff, like glesport. But all I got was a bunch of errors

Will keep you guys up to date, watch out for the planetarium for your N900, it will come soon

The Following User Says Thank You to shuairan For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
cool!
which solution are you after?
are you porting stellarium?
is it at the garage (garage.maemo.org)?

put it to extras-devel with source as soon as you got something to test please.

my solution sounds easy: use the latest version from repository (0.10.3), which brings an OpenGLES support and several bugfixes for the ES version.
but I had to make some minor changes to avoid compilation errors.
It also depends on Qt4.6, so I had to figure out how to get the whole stuff working ;-)

There are still some problems with text output in the application, I guess I know where the error is, I'll try to fix it later,
but now I am reading howto package a whole deb with menu icon etc, and then I'll upload it.

What's the advantage of putting stellarium into garage?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
awesome... Version: 0.9.1-4 has Qt 4.4 depending (at lenny)

Qt4.6 dependecy came with 0.10.3, the last stable version 0.10.2 runs with Qt4.5, but didn't get that working, maybe to much bug in the ES2 part.
---

so here it is: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...715#post475715
(started a new thread because the topic of this one is "follow your star")

garage and repositorys will follow, but waiting for activation...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shuairan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
This is not quite related, but since people interested in astronomy are likely to read this thread: on the iphone of a friend, I saw a planetarium application. You hold the phone above your head and it shows the name of the stars behind the phone. It uses the built-in gps and time to compute the local sky and the built-in accelerometers and compass to compute "what the phone is looking at". It works a bit like the Celestron skyscout.
That would be great to have on the N900.

it is related, that is exactly what this topic is about ;-)
I also want to have such an app, that's why I did the initial work with stellarium (Writing an extra application is second choice)

next thing to do will be the consideration of controlling stellarium through the motion sensors, and a solution or workaroung for the missing compass.
Stellarium itself provides a powerful scripting API.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Can we consider in the Brainstorm that at least Stellarium porting (Solution #3) is In Development?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Awesome project! Keep up the good work.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
There is even a deb package!? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...715#post475715

Moving Brainstorm proposal to In Development.

Closed Thread

Tags
constellation, sky, star