Active Topics

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
maemo is a dying platform??? you know what i belive

"As long as this community lives, maemo and N900 will be alive"

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Broken USB is a design flaw and should not need insurance to be covered. I would suggest you call Nokia and ask to speak to a supervisor. This is a known issue and would be a violation of the common law of merchantability in most locales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implied_warranty

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
your imei is unique and is on the nokia system it should still be under warranty.
You are right but they still won't do it. I had the warranty certificate but I did not have the invoice with mt N97 a while back and even though they could "see" my phone in their systems with the help of the IMEI and warraty certificate security number, they refused to service it...

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
A good Nokia service center should look up the phones IMEI in their database, and see the production date, and therefore see if it's still under warranty. Some countries in europe grant you a 2-year warranty on a Nokia. (At least the Netherlands.) If still under warranty, they will probably have it fixed (or even better replaced with another model).

This way is not always the most convenient for your warranty length, for your N900 could have laid in a store for months before purchasing. So the factory warranty could be shorter than the official, but worth a try.

Also, remove everything from it before having it repaired (back cover, battery, stylus, microSD). And backup everything first.

Anybody else sense the OP read the "keep TMO clean" thers is thread yesterday and is just trolling, as no logic in either Nokia not wanting to repair the phone or the OP not getting it repaired himself, and the maemo os is as much alive now than it ever has been.

Once again if the OP just wants advice why not just search the forum or read a general mobile phone website ?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i think there are enough "trustable" unofficial shops everywhere that you can ask to fix your n900. just make sure you dont have to pay anything when they fail to fix it.

as far as other devices go: if i would be looking for a new device, i'd propably go for the desire z.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
maemo is a dying platform??? you know what i belive

"As long as this community lives, maemo and N900 will be alive"
Absolutely! Look at the Commodore 64, Atari 8-bit, the COLECOVISION! Those are still "alive" because they have a community!

As someone that owns all of those AND a 1974 Volkswagen Beetle, "alive" can have a very broad definition and it's not quite the definition you want for something as relatively new, to these other things I've mentioned, as the N900.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH, IM SMARTER THAN YOU. I HATE NOKIA. VERTICAL INTEGRATION OF ECOSYSTEMS..

like a stuck record.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Hi guys thanksf or the input and advice.

Maemo's community is very much alive and its the part of me that doesnt want to rid, however nokias support is dead/dyeing and the platform won't officially be brought out on any other device.

I will likley try another repair center but i gotta face facts that in the short term this isn't gonna last much longer.

Craig

The Following User Says Thank You to CraigRobbo For This Useful Post:

Tags
broken usb