We invite everyone to browse around the site and check out all its features.

We also would like to hear from you on what you think about the site, as well as what you want added, changed, or removed.

You can start a new thread in the Comment/Suggest forum, or simply reply to this thread.

Thank you for visiting!

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I like this site a lot.

I was wondering though if there was any way to configure the software so we could subscribe to an RSS feed for certain threads. (I'm thinking first of Mike's ersatz 770 blog.) That would be really useful, and of course that would enable planet.maemo to include the key threads.

Roger

Thanks Roger! There are still only a few people in the forums but hope fully that would change as the Nokia 770 gets released in the market.

Right now, the forums can generate RSS/XML feeds for a forum but not for a thread. I can create a new forum for Mike but the problem is if we can persuade him to create new threads rather than just post replies. I will still look for a solution to parse the thread though.

Originally Posted by Reggie
I can create a new forum for Mike but the problem is if we can persuade him to create new threads rather than just post replies.
Think of what a PITA that would be not just for me, to create each one, but for readers, who would have to clickclickclick. It'd drive them mad -- and if not mad, definitely away!

-- edited to add --

BTW, I don't give a rat's testicle about RSS. Don't use it. The 770 will probably be my intro to it. It remains to be seen if I will like it.

I hate podcasts too, if that's helpful...

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Reggie
Right now, the forums can generate RSS/XML feeds for a forum but not for a thread. I can create a new forum for Mike but the problem is if we can persuade him to create new threads rather than just post replies. I will still look for a solution to parse the thread though.
So let me see if I understand this correctly.

If Mike posts a new thread each day, then Planet Maemo can show his blogs.

But then we readers would have to go to a different thread every day to read what he's posted. We couldn't just scroll through one long stream of posts as we do now.

Hm-m. Almost six of one, half a dozen of the other -- but even though it might seem less convenient to Mike, I think lots more people would see what he posts through Planet Maemo. And they would be clicking from there directly to the right thread too . . . no matter which day they see it.

But is Mike really a curmudgeon or does he just play one on the internet?

Seriously, even if it's an ersatz blog, you've got to have RSS for it to work, IMO.

Roger

It's an ersatz blog. Reggie has offered *real* blogware -- but it all sounds too much like that foul four-letter word: WORK!

And I'm doing the ersatz blog for *here*. If people want to read it, let them come here. I don't care about RSS or the inability of other sites to traffic in it.

Aside from no interest (presently) in RSS, and a hatred of podcasts, I also hate cellphones (sorry, Nokia!).

So far I love the site. My only suggestion though would be to make the site Firefox friendly.

Originally Posted by FoulPlay
So far I love the site. My only suggestion though would be to make the site Firefox friendly.
Thanks! Are you having problems with Firefox? I also use Firefox as my main browser and everything seems to work well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Nice site. I'm starting to feel quite at home here. I swear I will do some more PSP post when I get the chance and a net connection I can use in the evenings!

Perhaps an articles section would be nice for random scribblings from members and for reviewing new bits of hardware/software?

Thanks Masamune!

Yes, a reviews section is planned. The reviews section will be be for both software, hardware, and accessories related to the internet tablet, and maybe for other hardware as well. It will look like the following:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/review...hp?product=360

Members will be able to add items for review and other members can review them. I hope to purchase and install the system soon, before the Nokia 770 is released.