Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
I agree - custom profiles are must have, and that's why Profilematic is so great! (You shoud really have made it a paid app. it'd be worth of it.)

hope that someone will make this manual custom profile switching app...

keep up with the good work!

[tw] @kegnatz

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Changes in 1.5.0:
- Mobile network action (Dual/GSM/3G)
- Extended availability modes, away etc.
- Restore previous BlueTooth
- Warnings for potentially impossible conditions
- BugFix: ProfileMatic 1.4.0 sometimes started as wrong user after installation
- BugFix: All offline availability fix

Thanks to:
- Tonyk for help in figuring out the availability problem
- chillip for all availability changes and fast fixes
- itsnotabigtruck for help in getting the libraries for Dual/GSM/3G
Version 1.5.0 is finally available in Nokia Store with the above new stuff and fixes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I like that idea because I think it's easy to make mistake when inserting a script there. But I struggled to think how it could be reasonably implemented. Do you have any suggestions?
I would just simply have a button on that page that runs the script. It's up to the user to provide a script that has some noticeable results . Like this:

Thanks for the use case... I can see it could be useful. I'll write it down, but implementing it depends how easily (if at all) the alarm information is available to applications.
I understand it might be difficult to implement, but thanks for at least considering it. Some information on the timed daemon from meego forums if it's any help.

Last edited by slarti; 2012-03-19 at 21:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
I would just simply have a button on that page that runs the script. It's up to the user to provide a script that has some noticeable results . Like this:
Ok, so it's enough that the script is tried to be run, without even checking the return value. In that case this is easy to do and I expect to include it to the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I've tried creating several rules but they seems not to be activating properly. Maybe there is something I do not understand correctly. Maybe some conflicts with the rules or wrong order? Can you help me with this?

My rules:

* Bluetooth on when 00:00-00:00 (24h) All days
- I want the BT to be on always by default to be used in my car

* Bluetooth off when connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2
- when I'm at home or at work, BT should be off

* Silent when 23:00-7:00 All days

* Ringing when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri

* Ringing when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun

Originally Posted by timox View Post
I've tried creating several rules but they seems not to be activating properly. Maybe there is something I do not understand correctly. Maybe some conflicts with the rules or wrong order? Can you help me with this?

My rules:

* Bluetooth on when 00:00-00:00 (24h) All days
- I want the BT to be on always by default to be used in my car

* Bluetooth off when connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2
- when I'm at home or at work, BT should be off

* Silent when 23:00-7:00 All days

* Ringing when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri

* Ringing when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun
Hi,

Your current configuration has always the "BlueTooth on" rule active. ProfileMatic considers the rules from top to bottom, using the first one that matches. Generally speaking, put the most general of rules to bottom and the more specific rules to top.

Your use case is actually a good example of why I'm considering changing ProfileMatic a bit, so that each rule that matches will be activated instead of just the first one. This removes some possibilities for optimizing power use, so perhaps it would be a user selectable setting.

Anyway, what you want to do is doable but causes a bit of annoying duplication of rules. You should be able to do it for example like this:

* Silent, BlueTooth off when 23:00-7:00 All days and connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2

* Silent, BlueTooth on when 23:00-7:00 All days

* Ringing, BlueTooth off when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri and connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2

* Ringing, BlueTooth on when 7:00-23:00 Mon-Fri

* Ringing, BlueTooth off when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun and connected to WLAN1 or WLAN2

* Ringing, BlueTooth on when 9:00-23:00 Sat-Sun

You can simplify the rules a bit for example if you know that you're not going to be driving the car during 23:00-7:00. A little caveat is that your rules have a hole during Sat-Sun 7:00 - 9:00, during which BlueTooth state is not changed even if you're not connected anymore to your home network. One easy way to "plug" holes like these is to put "BlueTooth on" to the default rule.

Hello ajalkane,
The V1.5.0 works well when the N9 no reboot(PR1.2), but it did not work any more since rebooted.
It will work again after reinstall it.
Does it happen on your or other people cellphone?

My profile setting as belows:
flight mode on from 21:30-7:30 and enabled "Restore previous flight mode"

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
great and important application to me. i'd be happy to donate through flattr, if at some point possible.

feature ideas:
- condition: if calendar appointment keyword/hashtag.
- condition: if wlan access point available (not connected)
- condition: if charging

Originally Posted by ffgg007 View Post
Hello ajalkane,
The V1.5.0 works well when the N9 no reboot(PR1.2), but it did not work any more since rebooted.
It will work again after reinstall it.
Does it happen on your or other people cellphone?
Yes I've noticed it, though I don't know if it's rebooting or installing/uninstalling some application that does it.

But basically Nokia does not allow third party applications like ProfileMatic to change Flight mode. The way it's been done is abusing a bug in the security framework. It is very likely changing Flight mode using ProfileMatic does not work at all in PR1.3.

Due to it being a hack in the first place, I'm not sure I can fix it. At least for now reinstalling is the only solution.

Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
great and important application to me. i'd be happy to donate through flattr, if at some point possible.
I wasn't aware of flattr, but it looks like a great concept. I'll surely join flattr when I have some time.

- condition: if calendar appointment keyword/hashtag.
- condition: if wlan access point available (not connected)
- condition: if charging
Thanks,

calendar and wlan access point available are something I'm intending to do in the future. But it'll probably be a couple versions down the road until that happens.

I'll add charging condition into things to add, it should be quite easy to add so might make it sooner.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: