My thoughts after 2weeks with a jolla ...
1. Spiritually, it feels clean. I think that this is for several reasons... I trust jolla not to turn around and start playing sales tricks to get my money,like Apple with their proprietary hardware nonsense. I respect and align with their software development ethos far more than any other phone os company.
2. It elicits hope. Perhaps after being an n9 user for 2years this is like being released from a kidnapping, but monthly software updates! Knowing that I could actually run a future technology app! But more than that, I can extend the hardware! Beautiful! And whilst the os might still be basic without some of tricks and clever features of other os's, I've been to Finland and know that it is the home of tricks and clever features.
3. I feel in control of the Android apps-usually Android phones make me feel dirty, but on the jolla they feel like a bonus rather than that's all there is. I get their features and functionality but know I can disengage from the mess and chaos they bring.
4. Ambience is a lot better than I expected - it's more powerful than just a gimmick.
5. I would love to have Swype! This took me ages to type

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by Martinhsl68hw View Post
5. I would love to have Swype! This took me ages to type
Let your voice be heard here and here then

original firmware is 1.00.5 i need to download 1.0.2.5 install it and then i am allowed to download 1.0.3.8

let say if we reset our jolla after six months of usage, we have to download six times in order to gey to the latest formware, that is annoying

Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Let your voice be heard here and here then
Done and done-although they took ages to type

The Following User Says Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
original firmware is 1.00.5 i need to download 1.0.2.5 install it and then i am allowed to download 1.0.3.8

let say if we reset our jolla after six months of usage, we have to download six times in order to gey to the latest formware, that is annoying
Yep, so true. I recently did a reset and couldn't believe that I had to download 1.0.25 first to get 1.0.3.8.... This definitely should be changed somehow.

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Yep, so true. I recently did a reset and couldn't believe that I had to download 1.0.25 first to get 1.0.3.8.... This definitely should be changed somehow.
From what I understood, it's to make sure that you get a proper upgrade. We can't exactly time travel to fix 1.0.0.5 anymore, so..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
After my first days with Jolla I felt kinda annoyed and sceptical - I had bigger expectations, was hoping that the product will be more polished, was "angry" that some really basic functionality is missing or the implementation is crappy and unreliable. After a week with 1.0.3.8 update I feel NOW I have a phone I can use daily, leaving my N9 in my backpack. Battery live now is great on Jolla(better than N900 and N9), I am not experiencing lock screen freezes any more, there is landscape in browser(eagerly waiting for it in messages/email!), everything just got substantially better. And that is only in the span of 2 (short)months! The pace Jolla crew is moving is simply amazing!
I just had a chance to take a look at Jolla's OS update close future roadmap - in 2-3 months we will have an OS that is on par with Android and iOS(if they manage to keep the pace)! Now I feel a lot more optimistic for the future of Jolla!
Thank you sailors!
Where did you see the roadmap? I'd really like to see what's in their agenda for the coming months

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Bruxelles
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
Where did you see the roadmap? I'd really like to see what's in their agenda for the coming months
From email
Jolla and the Sailfish operating system are updated on a monthly basis, based heavily on our community's input. Stay tuned for further improvements, next one is coming end of February! And keep on giving feedback and ideas to us on together.jolla.com (http://jolla.us7.list-manage.com/tra...4&e=3abd49e380). We appreciate all the input!

The Following User Says Thank You to b.cloanta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
1.0.3.8 is good, but now my wlan is realy bad! connection problem x1000. mobile network working, thank god..

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
WiFi appears to work a bit better for me with 1.0.3.8.
Fix compatibility with some routers, break compatibility with others? There are a lot of crappy WiFi routers out there, unfortunately.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience