Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
everyone keeps on saying its on the wiki page . is there two wiki's ? goggle or maemo ? if so can anyone list the home page for both or at least the maemo ? yes , i am a noob !

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Click on Community at the top
then click on "Use the wiki"

http://wiki.maemo.org/Main_Page
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
http://maemo.org/community/

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
lol , *facepalm.png* =)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
When I was first trying to find the wiki I found it difficult because I started from www.maemo.org. Even today I often go to www.maemo.org and change it to wiki.maemo.org to get to the wiki.

As usual, things are made extra difficult for newbies.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
When I was first trying to find the wiki I found it difficult because I started from www.maemo.org. Even today I often go to www.maemo.org and change it to wiki.maemo.org to get to the wiki.

As usual, things are made extra difficult for newbies.
even if it's hard to find in site menu and u don't know how to use search at forum (there are enuf links to wiki in threads) it's 3rd result n google for "wiki maemo"

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, everyone is an expert on choosing correct google terms and the first instinct of a newbie when he knows he's on the correct site is google all the sites in the world for the correct page.

And newbies all know to use Power Search and not the much bigger Search field.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I have to agree that the navigation on maemo.org is case example on how to not do user friendly web-page.

This is easy place for people who have been here for at least couple of months daily but to all newbies this is just too wide. Too much information on first sight.

Also imo default search should be replaced with power search across maemo.org. If I have understood correctly currently we have at least 3 different search engines from SAME box across maemo.org. I think that some usability engineers would rip their heads off just because of this :|

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I think that some usability engineers would rip their heads off just because of this :|
Maemo.org has usability engineers? ;-)

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by digittante View Post
Maemo.org has usability engineers? ;-)
heheh..Nope. Just overly eager devels that have amazing ideas and energy to discuss and then discuss and maybe little more discuss on how something should be implemented.

Every place is filled with links and text and more text.

I have once asked for flowchart or tree of whole sitemap as PICTURE because at least I do not still understand totally whole structure of this webpage :|

.edit
Actually I should try to do it myself with sitemap tools..