I'm a newbie with a n800 I've had for about 4 weeks. I need the ability to connect my PC to my n800 for remote data entry so I installed x11vnc server port from Mike Saunby. It has worked great except for the issue that when I press the enter key in the terminal window this executes as if I pressed the large button on the left of the n800 and displays the large keyboard for thumb entry. After doing some research about this I located a fix. Apparently the problem is caused by the n800 giving priority to pressure information rather than remote entered carriage returns. The fix stated that I needed to add something to the /etc/init.d/x-server file. Specifically I needed to add to the ARGS= string the following, "-extension XInputExtension". I did this as specified, rebooted by n800 but the same problem still persists. I'd very much appreciate any assistance that could be offered. Thanks.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
I have found that using ctrl-m instead of enter works for me on my 770.

Thanks for the Ctl-m suggestion...I could not remember what the key combination was for a carriage return. I would still like to hear from someone if there is a x-server config file change or something similar that could address this issue. thx

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
bump for this, i just ran into this and would like to know how to fix.