Good Afternoon Everyone, Back with another problem. I tried sending an email to one of my friends on aol. I get a messageSMTP authentication failed. Check user name and password or that you have access to smtp.googlemail.com. What does this mean and what do I have to do to correct it so that I can send email regardless what IP they use? another question can I check my email on aol? Do I just go to the webmail site or is there a program that will tell me when I have new mail at aol like it does googlemail?

Thanks for any help.

Kathy

I have never gotten the built in client to work with AOL. I use claws mail BUT of late it is unable to send mail. I've reinstalled and reinstalled and reset accounts and all that and still no dice.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
I use claws mail BUT of late it is unable to send mail. I've reinstalled and reinstalled and reset accounts and all that and still no dice.
Look in /Tools/Network Log after trying to send, what does it say? There seems to be no reason to suspect that this is the fault of Claws Mail.

I don't know if I have claws installed. Where do I get it from? Will I be able to send mail to aol and check my email on aol?

Thanks.

I just tried to send an email and I checked the network log.

Server name: nothing entered

SMTP Authentication: None

Security: None

Outgoing email port 25

Does this information help?

You can get Claws Mail from here:
http://www.claws-mail.org/maemo/

That is not the output of the Claws Mail network log!

Still trying to figure out Claws. I am trying to send an email to my aol account. In the from box it says: sja68@pop.nokia-N800-39 in the next box it has my name and my aol email address. When I try to send the message to my aol account and hit send I get the message:
Error Recipient is not specified. Can you help me through this please?

I want to use the N800 when I travel to Italy this sprint and I'm trying to learn how to use it before that trip.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Kathy

Originally Posted by claws View Post
Look in /Tools/Network Log after trying to send, what does it say? There seems to be no reason to suspect that this is the fault of Claws Mail.
Ok. First the error message that pops up is:

Error
Could not queue Message for sending

After closing that message I check the log and there is nothing there for that action.

Originally Posted by sja68 View Post
When I try to send the message to my aol account and hit send I get the message:
Error Recipient is not specified. Can you help me through this please?
This means that you have not entered an address in the To: entry field.
Be sure that you enter it in the box next to the To: and not in the same box as the To: (You can edit the box where the To: is because here you can add any header that you want.)

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Ok. First the error message that pops up is:

Error
Could not queue Message for sending

After closing that message I check the log and there is nothing there for that action.
Is this IMAP? I will presume that it is. Create a local mailbox, (/File/Add mailbox/MH...). Claws Mail wants this so that it can temporarily place your message here during the sending procedure, so that if there is a network problem during the send your carefully composed message will not be lost.

If it's not this, then explain more please.

The Following User Says Thank You to claws For This Useful Post: