Originally Posted by claws View Post
Is this IMAP? I will presume that it is. Create a local mailbox, (/File/Add mailbox/MH...). Claws Mail wants this so that it can temporarily place your message here during the sending procedure, so that if there is a network problem during the send your carefully composed message will not be lost.

If it's not this, then explain more please.
Yes this is an IMAP and thank you. That worked.

What is IMapp. I just unstalled Claws mail until someone can help with the install. Will this work with aol mail? That is my purpose of using it.

Thanks

Is this IMAP? I will presume that it is. Create a local mailbox, (/File/Add mailbox/MH...). Claws Mail wants this so that it can temporarily place your message here during the sending procedure, so that if there is a network problem during the send your carefully composed message will not be lost.

If it's not this, then explain more please.
This almost worked for me.
I not only had to create the dummy account, I also had to go to:
Configuration -> Edit Accounts -> (Select IMAP account) -> Edit -> Advanced -> Put queued messages in -> "#mh/Mailbox/queue"
I didn't have to type in "#mh/Mailbox/queue" - I was able to "browse" to it.

Thanks for helping me a year later!

This means that you have not entered an address in the To: entry field.
Be sure that you enter it in the box next to the To: and not in the same box as the To: (You can edit the box where the To: is because here you can add any header that you want.)
THANKS! That just saved my sanity and the Claws installation under Bodhi Linux (on Fujitsu U810 UMPC, not Nokia/Maemo, but this was 1st search result that addressed my issue) - was ready to uninstall it, and try something else. Obvious now that you pointed it out, but I kept putting the recipient address in the same box with "To:" since it would let me create something that looked OK to me from an email header viewpoint.

There really should be limitations on what can be put in that box - most email clients I work with do not allow any free-form typing, just a dropdown list of typical choices such as To, BCC, CC, etc. Why not Claws?

FWIW,
RO