Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
I got it, i modified /home/user/.chroot and i make /tmp bigger

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I wanted to let people know that i am currently working with Stskeeps on a new nit-env for Deblet witch will include "nit-env-gnome-full with a full desktop environment and nit-env-gnome-basic for just the basic environment.

More info can be found in the gnome thread.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Added e17 (enlightenment) packages to the repository.

I will make a post tomorrow after I trash deblet again and start over.. however to install enlightenment you should only need to add my repository.. and:
Code:
apt-get install e17
Also added:

DashPC - The DashPC car multimedia system is a UI for automobile multimedia implemented in Linux.
GFeed - An RSS feeder.

None of these have been tested.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Code:
wget http://packages.linuxniche.net/deblet/repo.key
apt-add repo.key
Just finally trying this out; there is a small error, apt-add should be apt-key add.

Yeah.. I had noticed that a couple times and always got too lazy to update .. =-(.. I'm bad.

It's fixed now.. Thanks Wasn't sure anyone was using it lol.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
OK, finally tested GXMame. It works; I had to make a dummy xmame package using equivs and then copy the maemo XMame.SDL into Debian /usr/games and make an xmame softlink; I also had to copy the libXsp.0.1.0 file and make a softlink for it (there doesn't seem to be a package "libxsp0" in Debian). Perhaps you could make a package for that library too?

I then had to set up all the directories in GXMame, because it claims to have no idea where the executable is.

Anyway. It works.

Last edited by qole; 2008-09-04 at 21:55.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
OK, finally tested GXMame. It works; I had to make a dummy xmame package using equivs and then copy the maemo XMame.SDL into Debian /usr/games and make an xmame softlink; I also had to copy the libXsp.0.1.0 file and make a softlink for it (there doesn't seem to be a package "libxsp0" in Debian). Perhaps you could make a package for that library too?

I then had to set up all the directories in GXMame, because it claims to have no idea where the executable is.
This should all be doable.. I will look into the libxsp0 and also the Xmame.SDL file and the symlink could all be created into a deb file "xmame" which will take care of the dependency problem. If you could give me all the directories you had to create those can also be created using that .deb file. Hopefully be able to look at it this weekend.

Ok.. I just added the missing deb's directly from maemo's to my repository...since they are in the "free" repo I dont imagine there are any license issues (?) ...

there is a problem with libsdl1.2 however...the library is provided by libsdl1.2debian-alsa....so i will need to rebuild xmame's package and alter its dependency line.

hopefully tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
OK Qole... I got it to install on mine straight from repo's and it launches and pulls the game list but none of the games actually launch.... am I supposed to get the roms from somewhere??

I also get this error:
** Message: xmame: ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
/dev/js0: No such file or directory
So.. can you undo what you did and try my repo install and see if it works for you since you know what you are doing with this program?

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
am I supposed to get the roms from somewhere??
Um, yeah. Google for mame roms; even though the games are 20-year-old pieces of abandonware, there's still copyright complications around the roms.

I'll try to get some time to redo the gxmame stuff. I've got to spend some time preparing for the Summit too, however...

If you have a moment, I'd love to see a fresh compile of the most recent Midori browser. If v.21 can load GMail without crashing, we may have us a replacement browser. It is scorchingly fast.

Tags
debian, deblet