Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
I have a Gmail account configured as an "Other Email Account" and I have noticed that when sending plain-text emails that a newline is not included after my replies, even when explicitly entered into the email.

So that an email may end up looking like this:

Has anyone had these sort of issues before?
I have the same issue, configured using gmail account. But since I rarely send emails (maybe 2-3 in total) I attributed it to being my own fault when composing the mail...

Last edited by glyph.se; 2012-03-21 at 13:11.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Sergey,
i got 6 MfE accounts using your hack stated in the MeMailSettings app you developed.

I'm coming from a corporate background so email is vital for me as it was in my blackberry. is there any method where the syncing for MfE be timed at 20 minutes or whatever value but any new mail being pushed to the phone instantly when it arrives as i dont think that's possible. hence the need to set it to always-up-to-date.

thanks a ton for helping us with our queries here.

Here is another MfE question regarding calendar. Did it work for anyone to Accept calendar appointment invitation from an email and then the appointment details would add to the calendar automatically?

Oh, also in my address book some contacts do not have the label that they are in sync with MfE while some do. Does anyone know what the deal is? Sorry about all the questions and thank you much in advance!

Does Win phone 7 email system work better with all these problems? (Multiple phones per contact synchronization, copy text from inbox emails, etc.) Just curious what other Nokia products expirienc.is like.

Last edited by Discoveryellow; 2012-03-22 at 02:57.

Hi, as there is no Calendar thread, I would post there:
After 1.2 my calendar start syncing only some of the invites from the Exchange to N9. Some of the events are not present on device, despite being on Exchange.
I could not even find what a pattern is, suspect that events which are not getting synchronized are ones created in recent 48(24) hours(?)
I deleted and recreated my exchange account, however old calendar is still on device and I didn't found a way to delete it.
Any advice?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Sergey,
i got 6 MfE accounts using your hack stated in the MeMailSettings app you developed.

I'm coming from a corporate background so email is vital for me as it was in my blackberry. is there any method where the syncing for MfE be timed at 20 minutes or whatever value but any new mail being pushed to the phone instantly when it arrives as i dont think that's possible. hence the need to set it to always-up-to-date.

thanks a ton for helping us with our queries here.
+1 on this ! This is also what I need.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Do you know why N900 worked with more than one number?
You can sync more than one phone on N9 too, but you can't sync two mobile phones ("mobile" means category) or two "home" phones for each contact. And I'm sure that N900 can't do it as well (like i wrote before - it is a protocol limitation). Probably on N900 phones mapping is working in a bit different way (I don't know, I wan't a Fremantle dev and I don't have N900).

On the other note: Does anyone knows how to copy text from an inbox email (not the text that I type in, but text from somone else's email) to paste into an sms or calendar, etc?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, there is no copy-past feature in the email client atm, so I guess this is the only way :
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Discoveryellow
You have to move message in question to the Drafts folder, then find it there and start editing it. Pretty complicated and unconvenient, but does the trick.

I have a Gmail account configured as an "Other Email Account" and I have noticed that when sending plain-text emails that a newline is not included after my replies, even when explicitly entered into the email.

Hmm, never noticed this issue. Probably we have a bug about this issue.

Sergey,
hehe, I knew it ;-D but remember to be careful with this application, because it might broke something in a "bad hands"

yeah, since everything, that you described is what always-on mode doing... Well, I'm afraid with 9 accounts in always-on it is complicated to decrease energy consumption. I will think a bit more and... well, who knows may be I'll have some ideas about your issue?

Here is another MfE question regarding calendar. Did it work for anyone to Accept calendar appointment invitation from an email and then the appointment details would add to the calendar automatically?
As I can see there might be few issues/bugs with calendar's appointments:

1) Server issue (For example it seems that Exchange 2.5 server(s) got a bug when event is not synced with the device for some unknown to me reason). In this case event is not added in calendar, because we didn't receive it from the server.

2) I can see a bug in calendar application. When you are pressing a "send" or "don't send" button when accepting invitation, your answer will be synced with server only on a next sync attempt (even if account is in always-on mode you should sync it manually or wait until sync is happened automatically). Since calendar entry appears in the calendar (on the device) only when it is created on server "the appointment details would add to the calendar automatically" is not working for you

3) You are not in always-on mode, so the appointment will be added in calendar automatically, but only after next synchronization.

Oh, also in my address book some contacts do not have the label that they are in sync with MfE while some do. Does anyone know what the deal is? Sorry about all the questions and thank you much in advance!
Emm, just a wild guess. Maybe they are in sync with Facebook, Skype or any other service?

Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
Hi, as there is no Calendar thread, I would post there:
After 1.2 my calendar start syncing only some of the invites from the Exchange to N9. Some of the events are not present on device, despite being on Exchange.
I could not even find what a pattern is, suspect that events which are not getting synchronized are ones created in recent 48(24) hours(?)
Perhaps you caught a problem with exchange server that I described few lines above? Can you get the logs?

Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
I deleted and recreated my exchange account, however old calendar is still on device and I didn't found a way to delete it.
Any advice?
Just one doubt. Did as-daemon crash before you deleted the account? Well, in theory you might delete all calendars, then re-sync all of them... but let me think a bit more, probably there is something else can be done to fix those calendars. Btw, are you sure that it is "old" calendars and not a new one but with the same names and colors?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

I'm on pr 1.2 and I've had no email problems until recently. When I first got the phone, used, it had 1.1. I set up two emails under Accounts (gmail and yahoo) and they were working fine until a few days ago. Now, the Yahoo account is constantly asking me for my password when it wants to update the mailbox. I enter the password (correctly) over and over and once in a while it will actually work, but usually it will not. Here are my yahoo account settings on the phone

Incoming
imap4
username (my email in full)
imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
port 993

outgoing
smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
port 465
Plain Password authentication

any ideas? It's really frustrating since I use a password with caps and numbers.. and typing it in verrrry slowly 6 times in a row to make sure i do it correctly (which i do) every time and still being stuck is frustrating me. I have gone back to my desktop, typed in my supposed password in notepad and copy/pasted into a browser to log in and it works, so I know for sure it is the correct password.....

thanks in advance

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina

So that an email may end up looking like this:

Thanks.
I have the same problem. I have even added an extra empty line (with or without a blank space) to my signature, but it is always removed when the e-mail is sent.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
I have an issue where not all numbers are synced from Google Contacts using MfE.

Some types of numbers (home/mobile/work) are not transfered to the phone, I would guess this is because the phone doesn't know how to map the type from Google to it's own format. On Google you are allowed to select type "custom" for a telephone number and enter your own text for the type. I haven't managed to get any of these synced, would it be possible to store these as "other" on the N9?
emm, never tried it, so... I guess we need to check it :-D
After reading your other posts this is starting to sound like a protocol limitation as well . It seems likely that contacts entered using custom fields in Google are not synced using MfE. But I'm still missing the "Other" field, which also seems to be custom in some way... though this might be a localization issue with Google since I'm using it in Swedish.

Hi Sergey,

Do you know any active bug that has the following behavior?
1. Create a other mail account, set download option to header only.
2. Find a place with bad signal so network has high latency. Reply to an email and send the reply out.
3. Email db seems to save the reply's header immediately even though the email has not be sent out.
4. Try sending yourself another email before the reply in outbox is sent.....
5. Mail db got broken afterwards, headers could be downloaded but when opening mail it says something like' Error opening the mail'

I only experienced this once and changed the download option since....

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950