Notices

I'm so sorry. I meant this one
http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2321.0

Except that one worked on a ps2 port. But we have USB.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
well I have been doing some more playing and yes, the on-screen keyboard in maemo stops working when the module is inserted. I was originally only using this in KDE so I did not notice.

What I did discover which is pretty cool, is qjoypad runs under maemo. Although you need qt also. Its little docking gamepad icon shows up next to the battery applet, its sweet. qjoypad seems to not be very stable, it tends to crash when configuring, but when you are using it, it works great, very very responsive on the logitech rumblepad. (been playing quake2) Using qjoypad you can map any button to any key.

Quite honestly, I just can not understand why Nokia does not push these features and get some gaming goin.
Greetings:

This is my first post in the tablet forums after a couple of months of continuous reading. I am currently using a N800. Though I have KDE installed and working, I would rather have as much as possible run under Maemo (of which I am using the OS2008 version). I love XMame and cannot wait to use it with a gamepad. After perusing this thread (And Penguinbait, you are a demigod in my book after KDE and many other accomplishments) I went ahead and got one of these:

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GENIUS-31610060100-Pandora-Pro-Mini-PC-gamepad_W0QQitemZ150209656948QQihZ005QQcategoryZ74 944QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l12 47QQcmdZViewItem"]

The Pandora Pro gamepad is extremely small, it comes with a retractable A to mini-5B USB cable, useful all by itself, folds closed, has 8 buttons plus turbo and force feedback (which I do not expect to work under Maemo). It is the perfect gamepad for the N800... If it can be made to work.
Penguinbait mentioned that qjoypad works under Maemo. Would it be possible to provide me with detailed instructions on its downloading, installing and use? My Linux experience, other than using the N800 in both normal and Host mode and installing diverse applications in it, is limited to Linspire.
To date I have convinced 5 other persons to buy a N800 and helped them get started with them. I am committed to this device fully (Dislike the N810 with only one SD slot) at least until the N900 comes out. I am willing to test drive any accessory that looks promising and will post about my experiences.
I hope the tradition in this forum holds true and I get the kind of replies that have kept the Nokia Internet Tablet series viable and successful. Without this forum and its regular patrons, the ITs would be too frustrating for anyone to consider.
Thank you for making them the, potentially, most empowering personal device to have and for the patience taken to read this post.

I am sorry, but, which qjoypad version works under Maemo?

Which QT version should I install under Maemo?

Where do I get them from?

Can I get a link to both, please?

Thank you.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Netherlands
Used penguinbait's stuff to boot from SD and install KDE. Enabled usb-otg with the usb-otg-plugin. Inserted joydev.ko module. Started qjoypad from KDE (so it displays correctly) and configured my Logitech Dual Action. When the configuration is ok you can start using qjoypad without having to start KDE.

Now I can let my kids play VGBA on my N800 without fearing for the touch screen.

As soon as you insert the joydev module the onscreen keyboard does not appear anymore. Havo to reboot or remove the module. Removing the module can only be done when all apps using it are killed. Try killing applications and removeing kernel modules without the keyboard. No fun. You could have commands ready using Personal Menu or in the history of your XTerm.

Maybe there are better ways but I do not know of any. I extended the usb-otg-plugin to perform these actions from a menu (kill apps and unload modules). Unfortunately sometimes even that is still is not enough to have the onscreen keyboard reappear.

Originally Posted by raphseraph View Post

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GENIUS-31610060100-Pandora-Pro-Mini-PC-gamepad_W0QQitemZ150209656948QQihZ005QQcategoryZ74 944QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l12 47QQcmdZViewItem"]

The Pandora Pro gamepad is extremely small, it comes with a retractable A to mini-5B USB cable, useful all by itself, folds closed, has 8 buttons plus turbo and force feedback (which I do not expect to work under Maemo). It is the perfect gamepad for the N800... If it can be made to work.
Anyone ever have any luck getting a Pandora Pro to work? This is a sweet little controller you can get for dirt cheap.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
even the led of my gamepad is not turning on.

i tested gamepad on pc nothing wrong with it.

Any ideas how we can connect our wireless Logitech pad (Rumblepad 2) with the N900 ?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by akfo7 View Post
Any ideas how we can connect our wireless Logitech pad (Rumblepad 2) with the N900 ?
Sorry I do not have an n900 and I have no clue. If someone wants to send me one, I would be happy to look into it
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Penguinbait does NOT have a Nokia N900???
Shocking.
Nokia should send you one with a thank you note and cast in gold.