Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
I did not see a Nook Color (NC) specific thread yet, so I figured I'd start one...

Played with the stock ROM for a couple of days while waiting for the SD card to show up. Got the SD card and in about 20 minutes had it booting from the SD into the most current CyanogenMod7. WOW! I must say that it was a much easier process than dual booting my N800.

Huge difference. O/C to 1200Mhz (ondemand)

Cool Stuff: ( All info culled from the NC XDA forum)

SD Card for Boot: SanDisc Class 4 or lower.
Counter intuitive, see XDA Thread

Netflix (sideload) - installed with no issues, looks great.

Book reader: Aldiko
Media Player: RockPlayer
Organizer: Springpad
Calendar: Business Calendar

Now to open to the forum, App recommendations!

Thanks Matt

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
I did not see a Nook Color (NC) specific thread yet, so I figured I'd start one...

Played with the stock ROM for a couple of days while waiting for the SD card to show up. Got the SD card and in about 20 minutes had it booting from the SD into the most current CyanogenMod7. WOW! I must say that it was a much easier process than dual booting my N800.

Huge difference. O/C to 1200Mhz (ondemand)

Cool Stuff: ( All info culled from the NC XDA forum)

SD Card for Boot: SanDisc Class 4 or lower.
Counter intuitive, see XDA Thread

Netflix (sideload) - installed with no issues, looks great.

Book reader: Aldiko
Media Player: RockPlayer
Organizer: Springpad
Calendar: Business Calendar

Now to open to the forum, App recommendations!

Thanks Matt
Incredibly, any app recommendations for this device would be the same as any tablet, really. Be sure to get TitaniumBackup and AdFree right away! File Expert is my next suggestion. I might even suggest checking out Better Terminal Emulator Pro or at least ConnectBot. I've also started to really like Buzz Player for playing video straight off of SMB shares on my network, so I recommend that in addition to MoboPlayer.

Anything in particular you think you wanted to do? Maybe an app you liked on the N800 you wished to find an equivalent for on Android? I've gone through that experience precisely, so maybe I can make suggestions.

By the way: CONGRATULATIONS on joining the Android army! We're a FAR more optimistic and satisfied bunch here.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh man... my Nook Color was easily the most fun to hack and put Cyanogenmod (and Honeycomb) on there.

Seriously... listen to Danramos. Most of the stuff in the Epic Android Thread applies here once you've rooted and applied the latest/greatest Cyanogenmod to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Yeah danramos & the Epic Android thread played a big part in my purchasing the NC.

Any suggestions on a battery monitor/status bar app?

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Yeah danramos & the Epic Android thread played a big part in my purchasing the NC.

Any suggestions on a battery monitor/status bar app?
Danramos is awesome!

What do you mean by battery monitor/status bar app? Are you looking for a battery indicator widget for the desktop? If you mean a battery monitor for the status bar, there's already one there and lots of CyanogenMod flexibility for how you want that indicator to look (with or without numbers, colors, etc.)
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Danramos is awesome!

What do you mean by battery monitor/status bar app? Are you looking for a battery indicator widget for the desktop? If you mean a battery monitor for the status bar, there's already one there and lots of CyanogenMod flexibility for how you want that indicator to look (with or without numbers, colors, etc.)
I found one for the desktop (gauge battery widget) with a notification bar icon...what I was looking for was a better status bar icon...

the customization for the status bar icon in CM7 seemed to be icon or % only...

Still trying to wrap my head around :

status bar / adw app drawer / dockbar / quick launch thingy on the notifications page....

So far the only thing I am missing from my N800 is an app like Dialcentral....

The GVoice (official) app keeps wanting the Ph# of the device....and I can't remember my sip# as it was programmed into Gizmo5

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'm using Battery Widget it offers a widget and a status bar icon. The icon can show a couple of different things like percentage, time remaining, etc.

Works pretty well, fairly customizable. Gives an estimate of remaining time for usage or time to charge to 100% based on current use (over the last 15-20 minutes). The free version will occasionally pop up when connecting to a charger, you can get a key file for about $1 to prevent that.

I don't have anything running CM, so your mileage may vary, but I've been happy with it / find it useful. Using it on my Vibrant currently.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:

So far the only thing I am missing from my N800 is an app like Dialcentral....

The GVoice (official) app keeps wanting the Ph# of the device....and I can't remember my sip# as it was programmed into Gizmo5
Ok, so I found several GV Dialer apps...tried the official app/widget again and it let me specify my Cell Number(dumbphone -free incoming) Weird, oh well it seems to work

So... nothing else you wanted to add?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
HeyTell makes for a good addition too. Not useful for hacking or tweaks, just good to have....

Tags
android, cyanogenmod