Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Version 1.0.5.16 out today, lets see if anything follows from this?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I couldn't read that article referenced in that twitter thread I linked to, because it breaks in google translate, I assume you speak Finnish.
Getting rather tired of their regular hints that something substantive will be announced, only to find later that it's some "piddly" thing (or nothing at all).
I just noticed that indeed, google translate is broken.
It used to be able to just paste in an URL, and it would give me an URL for the translated text. Now what happens is it just tries to translate the given URL into another language... crazy stuff...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I couldn't read that article referenced in that twitter thread I linked to, because it breaks in google translate, I assume you speak Finnish.
Getting rather tired of their regular hints that something substantive will be announced, only to find later that it's some "piddly" thing (or nothing at all).
Here's a freeform translation of the text:

Smartphone developer Jolla has entered into a new sales partnerships in the home country.

Jolla has entered into a partnership with distributor "F9" who has arranged for distribution of Jolla brand smartphones to three new local stores:
- Verkkokauppa.com and its three retail stores
- Tekniset-retail chain's online store
- Musta Pörssi -retail chain's stores and online store.

The company claims that its sales are growing rapidly.

Jolla brought the first phone on sale in November. Since then, Jolla has released four software updates of its Sailfish operating system.

Official Sailfish OS 1.0 was released in February.

"Jolla smartphone and Sailfish OS 1.0 are now commercially ready also to the international market ," says CEO Tom Jolla Pienimäki.

"The trend will by no means end here. Our development works in close cooperation with our users" he says.

Salfish is based on the Nokia MeeGo operating system.

This news article was corrected at 17:30. Unlike the story incorrectly originally claimed, Jolla is a Helsinki-based smartphone developer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yaaawn... >.>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yaaawn... >.>
Chear up! what to you want?

...Jolla’s Saarnio: “We are going to sell hundreds of thousands phones this spring and summer”

http://wpsailors.com/2014/03/20/joll...ng-and-summer/

Not sure where...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-04-11 at 18:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"