Poll: Did you pre-order?
Poll Options
Did you pre-order?

Yeah, I did the 40 bcause it was the only option I could, because I'm in the third world country of the United States...

Can I upgrade to the 100?

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
that would be a question to Jolla Customer Service

The Following User Says Thank You to low For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Yeah, I did the 40 bcause it was the only option I could, because I'm in the third world country of the United States...

slaapliedje
What if you upgrade to 100 Euro option. Then we have one free 40 Eur Option left so the ridicules SOLD OUT should be removed. Cool...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What if you upgrade to 100 Euro option. Then we have one free 40 Eur Option left so the ridicules SOLD OUT should be removed. Cool...
Sure Dave999, if they respond yes to my email, then you can have the 40 Euro option that I left behind...

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Sure Dave999, if they respond yes to my email, then you can have the 40 Euro option that I left behind...

slaapliedje
They have already answered this question many times (I wouldn't be surprised if they even put it in their FAQ).
You can expect this answer:
"Unfortunately the kind of upgrade you're asking for is not possible, however, you can cancel your 40EUR order and place a new one for 100EUR".

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
They have already answered this question many times (I wouldn't be surprised if they even put it in their FAQ).
You can expect this answer:
"Unfortunately the kind of upgrade you're asking for is not possible, however, you can cancel your 40EUR order and place a new one for 100EUR".
Guess what... first Q in their preorder FAQ:

Q.1 I have purchased a 40€ pre-order package and want to upgrade to the 100€ package. Please help!

A. Currently the upgrade path is as follows:

Email Jolla that you wish to upgrade your pre-order package from 40 to 100€.

In the email, request Jolla to cancel/delete your confirmed 40€ pre-order package.

Then, please proceed to place a new order for the 100€ pre-order package.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

slaapliedje
No not if states.

Read the FAQ at join.jolla.com EU only

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Just ordered me a new 100€ T-shirt from Jolla.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I did finally get an email back from Jolla in regard to 'Upgrading' they said that they currently weren't targeting the USA, but if got enough people they would consider it.

"Currently USA is indeed not supported under the 100€ pre-order package
However, please note that final availability of the Jolla device will be based on demand from each country at the sole discretion of Jolla Ltd.

In other words, if there is significant demand coming from USA there is a greater chance it will become available there.
Should it become available, it could be purchased direct from Jolla.com.

You can show your support for us by pre-ordering the free package, which will give you a pre-order priority number that lets you be among the first ones to order the Jolla when or if it becomes available in your country."

slaapliedje

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So when does jolla decide the final spec and announce it? Late Dec or what?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bespoke phone, jolla, keyboard phone, or nothing, pandora phone