Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to implement a GTK plugin that, when loaded, substitutes some stock GTK widgets with their Maemo 5 counterparts. I'm specifically thinking of any areas that have scrollbars being converted to their finger-pannable Maemo equivalents, but I'm sure we can come up with a couple more widgets that could be auto-hildonised.

Perhaps this can't be done with a plugin; I'd settle for a set of custom GTK libraries that would replace the stock ones.

If the job was done right, I'd be willing to pay a bounty, perhaps $50 for a minimal implementation (replacement libraries, pannable areas replaced only), and $100 for a really nice job (plugin that could be turned on or off with an environment variable, lists replaced with hildonised versions, etc, etc).

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I think zenvoid and Jaffa worked on auto-hildonization at some point..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.