Notices

Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Works: Urpo, hostmode-gui, blessn900, fcamera, xchat
Not working: Wifieye, x-terminal

It doesn't print anything when I click "Open" in terminal.

And it doesn't seem to matter which browser is selected like casketizer said.
Hm, that suggests something's different about what xterm is doing to open a link. I won't have time to look into this until the weekend, but can you run

Code:
$ dbus-monitor --session interface=com.nokia.osso_browser
in a terminal and then give the output when you click on a link in the terminal?

I can help out as I can reproduce the problem. Here's the dbus output when I try to open link in terminal:

Code:
   method call sender=:1.649 -> dest=com.nokia.osso_browser serial=7 path=/; interface=com.nokia.osso_browser; member=open_new_window
      string "http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/artikkeli/Velkaantuneita+opiskelijoita+kehotetaan+myymään+munuaisiaan/1135268271729"

The Following User Says Thank You to Anzah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Anzah View Post
I can help out as I can reproduce the problem. Here's the dbus output when I try to open link in terminal:

Code:
   method call sender=:1.649 -> dest=com.nokia.osso_browser serial=7 path=/; interface=com.nokia.osso_browser; member=open_new_window
      string "http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/artikkeli/Velkaantuneita+opiskelijoita+kehotetaan+myymään+munuaisiaan/1135268271729"
Yuck, really? That's the third different D-Bus path I've seen. File a bug against whatever applications are doing this; they should be using /com/nokia/osso_browser as the path.

That said, given that it works with the default browser ... I suppose we should handle this case too.

To everyone having problems opening links in Fremantle xterm (or other application) with Browser Switchboard installed, can you try installing the attached package and see if it works?
Attached Files
File Type: deb browser-switchboard_3.3-2fremantle2~pre1_armel.deb (28.2 KB, 99 views)

I installed the package and with quick testing, links from xterm open in browser instead of silently failing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Anzah For This Useful Post:
I'm pleased to announce Browser Switchboard stable release 3.3-2fremantle2 for Fremantle. Packages are now available in extras-testing and on the Garage download page.

This release provides compatibility for applications, such as the Fremantle xterm, which expect to be able to open links using a non-standard D-Bus path, and should fix the problems which people have reported with opening links in xterm. Thanks to laasonen for reporting and Anzah for providing debugging information leading to the fix.

For more information on the changes in this release, see the package changelog; for excruciating detail, see the revision history in Git.

Fremantle users: This release is in Extras-testing. If you feel this package meets the extras-testing QA criteria (see the link), please vote for it in the extras-testing queue! Given that this is a low-risk bugfix release, there shouldn't be any new problems -- it'd be nice to get it into extras ASAP. (If there are problems, let me know via email or here on this thread.)

would it be possible to keep "default microb" browser as default when opening link from certain application, like QR scanner?

Originally Posted by siN900 View Post
would it be possible to keep "default microb" browser as default when opening link from certain application, like QR scanner?
Maybe. If the application makes the D-Bus method call itself, we can get its PID (via org.freedesktop.DBus.GetConnectionUnixProcessID) and use that to identify the caller. If the application invokes dbus-send (or similar) to make the method call, we're out of luck.

In any event, it'd be a nontrivial undertaking to develop this feature and extend the configuration file format to accommodate this. I probably won't do it myself, though patches to implement this (or any other) feature are welcome.

(As an aside, my day-to-day device these days is a Nexus S running Android. I'll continue to provide bugfix support for Browser Switchboard, but if someone is willing to take maintainership and push new features in, I'd be willing to consider the offer.)

hi

how can i prevents window popup when i open microB please. I would like to get just at startup the first window (with my favorites)

thank

Originally Posted by kayamagan View Post
hi

how can i prevents window popup when i open microB please. I would like to get just at startup the first window (with my favorites)

thank
does maemo community exists yet?
All kinds of replies related to my question are welcome, guys

Tags
browser, default, microb, opera