From what I understand, the N800 will not charge from a USB connection, but it will draw enough power so that it will no longer drain the battery.

Being that the USB and power adapter are so close together, has anyone tried bridging the two so that connecting the N800 to a PC would actually charge it?

From what I recall a USB port should provide a max of 5V@ 200ma, and being able to charge via USB would mean one less power adapter to carry.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Previously discussed here. The recently announced Nokia CA-100 USB/2mm charger cable (or eBay equivalent) is probably a safer bet though.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Grue237 View Post
From what I understand, the N800 will not charge from a USB connection, but it will draw enough power so that it will no longer drain the battery.

Being that the USB and power adapter are so close together, has anyone tried bridging the two so that connecting the N800 to a PC would actually charge it?

From what I recall a USB port should provide a max of 5V@ 200ma, and being able to charge via USB would mean one less power adapter to carry.
Please search this forum for USB power threads before posting what you think is a brilliant idea noone has yet thought of.

usb is supposed to provide 5V @ up to 500mA