Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I finally invested into Spotifty Premium to test the app - and I love it!
Because of company firewalls, I can't access Spotify from my computer, but that's no longer a problem. My favorite music plays through my N900 now!

Oh yeah, also had the problem with loading playlists. The whole app crashed after loading lists for 15 mins and didn't start up again until I reseted the device. I remvoed all my playlists through regular Spotify client and then everything worked great. Didn't do much damage, since I didn't have any big customized lists. But of course it would be great to get lists to work properly.

Keep up your work!

Last edited by Panssarimarsu; 2010-08-03 at 05:59.

Thank you very much for the debug output, it indeed seems that the client is not able to retrieve the container holding all playlists. There is also an error related to date handling, I will need to check if this has something to do with the problem. Have you added some new playlist before the loading problem started?

Originally Posted by kankeus View Post
It never loads the playlists, no matter what the client is (or my location or time or whatever).

This is the output from xterm:

~ $ qspot
Unsupported date format character at 1 (%-d.%-m.)
Got here too..
"User (my user name) logged in.."
Fetch root playlist container..

Nothing else happens after this. The longest time i have waited is between 15-20 minutes.

ugh.

?

I completely understand that the missing offline support is a problem. Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. And so much I can say that I am considering at the moment different approaches for "safely" implementing offline support in QSpot.. Also bitrate selection support is coming soon.

Originally Posted by punto View Post
Hey, just wanted to thank you for great work so far. Unfortunately though, I've realised that any mobile implementation of Spotify without offline caching is pretty useless for me - so I'm uninstalling QSpot for the time being and going back to the iPhone. I'll keep tabs on this thread should you get caching.

PS. I get the same error as kankeus with the current version. It's not the reason for me uninstalling, but it is a problem.

I am glad to hear that you like QSpot! I am aiming to improve it all the time, with as frequent updates as only possible. There is some problem with the playlist handling, and I will now investigate this and hopefully find some solution. Have you got the problem often, or only a few times?

Originally Posted by Panssarimarsu View Post
I finally invested into Spotifty Premium to test the app - and I love it!
Because of company firewalls, I can't access Spotify from my computer, but that's no longer a problem. My favorite music plays through my N900 now!

Oh yeah, also had the problem with loading playlists. The whole app crashed after loading lists for 15 mins and didn't start up again until I reseted the device. I remvoed all my playlists through regular Spotify client and then everything worked great. Didn't do much damage, since I didn't have any big customized lists. But of course it would be great to get lists to work properly.

Keep up your work!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Yeah, the problem didn't go away before deleting the playlists. I tried to connect with both 3G & WiFi without difference (and many, many times).

After trying long the lists enough, program just terminated and when trying to re-open, it tried to load but again terminated within 5-10 seconds, never reaching the "search screen". Only possibility was to boot the device.

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I am glad to hear that you like QSpot! I am aiming to improve it all the time, with as frequent updates as only possible. There is some problem with the playlist handling, and I will now investigate this and hopefully find some solution. Have you got the problem often, or only a few times?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Thank you very much for the debug output, it indeed seems that the client is not able to retrieve the container holding all playlists. There is also an error related to date handling, I will need to check if this has something to do with the problem. Have you added some new playlist before the loading problem started?
I did add a couple new (normal) playlists before the problem. Today I tried to start qspot a few times and it ONCE loaded the playlists. Very strange. I have started it about 20 times so far since the problem and this was the first time. Then I closed it and ran again a couple of times and the same problem still exists... boring.

Anyways, thank you for this great program and keep up the good work, I hope you will find a solution to this problem.

This problem seems very strange indeed, it seems it is a problem with retrieving the root container for the playlists. Do you have many playlists currently? I am considering uploading a new version of the library with more debug output so we could find the root cause of this.

Originally Posted by kankeus View Post
I did add a couple new (normal) playlists before the problem. Today I tried to start qspot a few times and it ONCE loaded the playlists. Very strange. I have started it about 20 times so far since the problem and this was the first time. Then I closed it and ran again a couple of times and the same problem still exists... boring.

Anyways, thank you for this great program and keep up the good work, I hope you will find a solution to this problem.

Whaha!

I think I found out the problem, at least some of it. My scenario:

I added a playlist on my desktop PC(before this problem) and named it "Yellowjackets". I forgot that and didn't notice that when I loaded Spotify -client on my MacBook, it didn't show the Yellowjackets playlist on the Mac client. I have logged in to spotify on macbook maybe 10 times during the week and it hasn't shown that playlist ever until today:

I started qspot for god knows how many times on my n900 and suddenly it loaded the playlists once (see my last post) and showed the "Yellowjackets" in the end of list. After that it didn't load them anymore, BUT THEN i started spotify on my MacBook once again and suddenly it added the Yellowjackets in the end of the playlists. And now my qspot works again everytime i run it (at least the last 5 times).

Strange, isn't it? But what might cause this? Hurricanes? Earthquakes? Cosmic background radiation?

This problem seems very strange indeed, it seems it is a problem with retrieving the root container for the playlists. Do you have many playlists currently? I am considering uploading a new version of the library with more debug output so we could find the root cause of this.
I have 31 playlists...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Qspot is loading my playlists again. after two days of not doing this. Can be the dates or if you change names of playlists.

Tags
premium account, spotify