whats the most battery-sucking activity that one could do on the N800? i'm guessing SKYPE (drains my battery from full to empty after 30 minutes)

ok
I want to run skype for 3 hours. That means I want to be able to actively search the web and go to energy-hungry sites for 8+ hours. I want to be able to listen to my music on Canola for 15+ hours straight (screen inactive). I want to be able to watch video on MPlayer for 6+ hours

i'm asking for a lot, but i'm sure theres somtehing... and you get what you pay for, right?

seriouosly thats one of the most disappointing parts of my N800.. its battery blows compared to the Touch's

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post

And finally: Yes, people. All this was done in Bochum, only seconds before Nokia axed the place!
The research center survived afaik.

Originally Posted by OppositeOfIgnorance View Post
whats the most battery-sucking activity that one could do on the N800? i'm guessing SKYPE (drains my battery from full to empty after 30 minutes)

ok
I want to run skype for 3 hours. That means I want to be able to actively search the web and go to energy-hungry sites for 8+ hours. I want to be able to listen to my music on Canola for 15+ hours straight (screen inactive). I want to be able to watch video on MPlayer for 6+ hours

i'm asking for a lot, but i'm sure theres somtehing... and you get what you pay for, right?

seriouosly thats one of the most disappointing parts of my N800.. its battery blows compared to the Touch's
Weird...I routinely get 3-4hrs for Skype calls. I know because I make calls of 1-2hrs several a day a few times each week. And I still have power left over. Then again I keep my display set to 2-bars not blaring at full brightness when it's not needed. Plus my tablet is just about a month old. So the battery is still holds around 98% of full charge capacity.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by OppositeOfIgnorance View Post
yes, but can you shut the touch down, pop the back cover and put a new battery in if needed?

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by tso View Post
yes, but can you shut the touch down, pop the back cover and put a new battery in if needed?
What? And still have your skype connection up?

The Following User Says Thank You to Karel Jansens For This Useful Post:
On the Touch? What Skype connection?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
And all the ttouch could do is audio video and some browsing. its hard to run down the battery with only that much!

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
On the Touch? What Skype connection?
Touché, but I think you get my drift: The capability of swapping out your battery, while neat, offers limited advantage in short-term use.

It is more important to those whose gadgets have a longer useful life than the battery life expectancy (as in: How long does it take for your battery to go manky) of said gadgets.

True, although a capacitor and suspend-to-ram (I've heard it works, you just have to wake up within ~30 seconds to kick the watchdog) could enable battery-swapping with only the downtime of changing the battery, rather than an extra minute for shutdown, start-up, and get back where you're at. Especially the browser keeping its place would be nice.

so when could we expect to see something delivered to our tablets? 1 month from now? 6? a year?