Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Thanks. Will start looking for this and see if that type is passed onto Maliit. As I can see this for Maliit:

Code:
http://maliit.org/doc/framework/latest/namespace_maliit.html#ac574fd4c98da494bd95ad3652bfefe6c
which doesn't seem to include password. But that may be it's because they don't handle password fields differently from normal input text.

I hope Maliit will pass the password type to the keyboard plugin, otherwise a patch to Maliit is in order.

Attached a German keyboard layout with
  • Arrow keys
  • Number keys in upper row accented characters
  • Reduced time until accented character list appears

Unpack and install in /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla

Warning: Overwrites
  • InputHandler.qml (to make cursor keys working)
  • Popper.qml (to reduce time til accented characters appear)

For more details see https://together.jolla.com/question/...#comment-24801
Attached Files
File Type: zip GermanKeyboard-With-Arrows.zip (7.7 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by anyone; 2014-02-08 at 22:37. Reason: Formatting

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anyone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Is there a way to use bit smaller arrow keys? Currently used ones seem to be bit big and as a result space bar gets too small.
Sure there is, you just need to put your custom arrow-icon to somewhere accessible, and use that image instead of the one in use now. You can define exactly the width of the button (remember, now there is landscape keyboard layout as well, so it should resize itself smartly )

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
Sorry, but this is no "solution". This is crazy math-phys workaround to make this bug working. Definition is useless and mad.

Please remove this link from first post.

Kaacz
Well, I have no idea what the solution is, so I don't know why should I remove it. Why don't you discuss it with Venemo first?

Originally Posted by albloushi View Post
I modified the file for the Arabic layout.
Can please add conf file for arabic keyboard
Thank you keep the good work

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Have anyone tried to implement 10-key based layout? I implemented Korean 10-key based layout based on numeric keypad. While it looks nice in portrait mode, landscape mode makes layout less nicer. There were separate qml files for portrait and landscape mode for numeric layouts, but how I can implement that kind of feature in custom-created layout for now?

My QML code is at: https://github.com/peremen/jolla-inp..._naratgeul.qml

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ UAE [Dubai]
Originally Posted by Mo7utd View Post
Can please add conf file for arabic keyboard
Thank you keep the good work
Kindly find attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt ar.qml.txt (3.0 KB, 88 views)

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
With the latest update a landscape mode for keyboard was introduced, but the spacebar row keys seem too low(in vertical direction). Is there a property that can be set to increase slightly the height of that row?
I understand that this lowering the height is done to increase the amount of screen left usable above the keyboard, but I would like to test different experience as well.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Not my code, I found Japanese kana-only (no kanji) keyboard layout (in Japanese): http://blog.livedoor.jp/furikku9310/.../52355219.html

This blog also explains about how to test custom input handlers on the emulator.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
With the latest update a landscape mode for keyboard was introduced, but the spacebar row keys seem too low(in vertical direction). Is there a property that can be set to increase slightly the height of that row?
I understand that this lowering the height is done to increase the amount of screen left usable above the keyboard, but I would like to test different experience as well.
You can modify the spacebar row for custom layouts, but not just by changing single property value as all rows have equal height definde with keyHeight property. Visually spacebar row looks less tall but actual row and touch area are equal high compared to character keys.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post: