Hm, joydev.ko looks to me like something that would be more appropriately packaged in extras: as far as I can tell it's doesn't depend on any other kernel options that are not enabled by default, and nothing else in the "base" distribution depends on it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Then you haven't actually updated, please re-read post #104 carefully.
You were right.

I don't know what was the 'success' message that I got the first time, but now it took me three refreshes to actually see the option to install the SSU. I did it and this time it downloaded the 4.4 Mb and after installing it rebooted my N810.

Everything is working OK. Thanks.

May I suggest to include in the SSU the option to lock the desktop applets? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...950#post306950

Thanks again.

EDIT: I just saw you marked this bug. Thanks.

Last edited by alephito; 2010-03-30 at 11:58.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Hm, joydev.ko looks to me like something that would be more appropriately packaged in extras: as far as I can tell it's doesn't depend on any other kernel options that are not enabled by default, and nothing else in the "base" distribution depends on it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
No, you're right. I'll see what can be done there. Now that you mention it, I've found out that Attila has already created a joydev module for Fremantle, so I'll mail him and ask if he could provide a package for Diablo as well

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Hey Ima, (if fix available) and you have time please include this very rude bug for N800 owners where popping out camera will not trigger the internet call app and the image will not flip when camera is rotated. Works fine with older maemo versions and for some reason camera behaves normally when booting from mmc?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3303

The Following User Says Thank You to migs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey lma.

Would it be possible to find the reason why Xkbd stopped working correctly under Diablo?

I found a dirty solution, mostly by accident, that you can find in this post.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=408688&postcount=1

The only other bug to mention that I get consistently is always having to slide the volume button just a titch after making or receiving a phone call.

Many others have reported this bug as well.

Thanks for your contributions to Diablo.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
ls -Q works, PDF viewer now has 75% and 125% zoom level, control panel's about product points to 5.2010.blahblah, good. I couldn't feel much speedup, though. Firefox Mobile has some second improvement of loading speed.

We may package 3D driver's GPL part into extras if it is usable enough, showing description about non-GPL parts should be manually installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to peremen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Hey Ima, (if fix available) and you have time please include this very rude bug for N800 owners where popping out camera will not trigger the internet call app and the image will not flip when camera is rotated.
Hm, bug 3303 seems to be caused by the camera application. Nothing we can do about that, and FWIW it works fine on my N800 running 5.2010.12-4 without camera installed.

Works fine with older maemo versions and for some reason camera behaves normally when booting from mmc?
Do you have the camera app installed on the mmc OS?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ima,

I just found out you included the screen rotation hack in the SSU. Thank you very much. I have never been capable of installing it by myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Mexico
lma,

I have been testing for the last 3 days the last update with the kernel patches and everything is just great, improvements in PDF and screen rotation are great.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to rafaelsemx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peremen View Post
I couldn't feel much speedup, though.
Allow me to repeat this for clarity' sake: there are no performance improvements over vanilla 5.2008.43-7. The one person who noticed a speedup was accidentally running a kernel and X server based on an older official release and was missing these optimisations that went into the last Diablo release:

Code:
xserver-xomap:
* Add missed part of fb optimisations (fixes: NB#86182).
* fb optimisation by Siarhei (fixes: NB#86182).
* Cherry-pick trapezoid divide-by-zero patch (fixes: NB#87289).
* Add RGB565 Xv support (fixes: NB#86400).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo