Notices

new version works fine. Thanks

After the last update, TOR does not work any longer. It initiates the call, but there is no callback. When a call to GV # is placed, the phone does not ring. Thank you.

Is there a place I can obtain a copy of an earlier version? 0.8.17-0 is clearly not an improvement over a couple of versions ago and now I've become rather dependent on receiving texts via google voice (which is not working at all in this version).

Thanks and Thanks for a great plugin!

--Brad

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post
After the last update, TOR does not work any longer. It initiates the call, but there is no callback. When a call to GV # is placed, the phone does not ring. Thank you.
Huh, I thought I had a reproduction but then I looked and somehow my callback number was changed. I changed it back and didn't have an issue.

If you aren't facing a similar situation, would you mind grabbing "~/.telepathy-theonering/theonering.log" and PMing it to me so that I can see if anything stands out?

Originally Posted by brad112358 View Post
Is there a place I can obtain a copy of an earlier version? 0.8.17-0 is clearly not an improvement over a couple of versions ago and now I've become rather dependent on receiving texts via google voice (which is not working at all in this version).

Thanks and Thanks for a great plugin!

--Brad
Umm you ask for a previous version without stating what the problem is with the version you want to downgrade from. Want to clarify?

Recent versions of TOR make login succeed more and speed it up as well as fixing an issue when you are texting across the AM/PM boundary and you wouldn't receive any texts.

Is there any chance of getting this or dialcental to respect the connection's proxy settings for https?

Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
Is there any chance of getting this or dialcental to respect the connection's proxy settings for https?
I think this is only the second time I've been contacted about this, the other was by PM.

One thing is currently there is no feature trequest filed against either. I've found it took too much of my time hunting through forums for feature requests that I now try to only work by b.m.o and just provide help and feedback on ideas through t.m.o

That is especially true when its a feature I wouldn't be taking advantage of and would not be the best person to test it. I have no need for a proxy and it doesn't help that I feel too lazy to mess with my device configuration . If a feature request comes in I'll (sometime) try to look around to see how others do it and mimic.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I have the new version and it works great. I appreciate all your hard work with this program, and I believe a donation is in order. Do you have paypal? PM me with the details, thanks.

James

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!

I had this problemas well. Curious, those who are having trouble with making calls, do you also have FMMS installed? I was having trouble with the network error when trying to login, after many attempts it would finaly login at worst a reboot would always work. Well today same thing only this time I looked at my connection and I was connected to FMMS APN not my usual 3G network, switched back and no problems able to call out thru TOR dialer. I guess I see why the person above wants proxy support because FMMS uses a proxy. But the funny part is FMMS will allow me to send sms/im messages without issue most of the time I've had one or two that haven't gone thru, but i'm glad didn't lol.
Your app doesn't look at what the connection is, just that it's connected, is that correct?
I'm a newb at X-term do I have to be root to see the log? or just type it in and thats it?

And I'll say it again keep up the good working!!

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Slight nudge, ok today today cannot dial out at all and the connection is regular 3G, and my status shows me connected? used the Website to send some texts and they went thru also recieved replys from the text and TOR never recieved them, also tried texting thru TOR and they never went thru?

So I tried DC and all sent texts and replies where there?

Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
Slight nudge,
Sorry right now I have a couple of things that are taking away the time I would normally devote to development. I'm unsure how long it'll last.

ok today today cannot dial out at all and the connection is regular 3G, and my status shows me connected? used the Website to send some texts and they went thru also recieved replys from the text and TOR never recieved them, also tried texting thru TOR and they never went thru?
Would you mind sending me your log? Its located at "~/.telepathy-theonering/theonering.log".

You place questions marks as if you are asking me. They make it more confusing trying to understand the problem so I can help resolve it.

I'm also curious if the debug prompt will provide some information. Go to Conversations, the app menu, "Send Conversation To...", select GV, enter your GV account number.

This is the debug prompt. Type "help" to receive a list of commands. Play with some of them.

So I tried DC and all sent texts and replies where there?
Again, I assume this question mark is superfluous? So DC works fine for you? The difference most likely is the work arounds I've had to implement due to GV issues when wanting to do notifications correctly.

EDIT: Also please clarify exactly what version of TOR you are using. Also specify if you rebooted after the update or disabled your GV accounts, waited several minutes, and then re-enabled since doing an update. TOR is a service running in the background. It needs to shutdown to start running the new version. To help with transition networks, it doesn't shut down immediately upon all GV accounts being disabled.

Last edited by epage; 2010-07-02 at 00:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5