Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Next thing they will do:

* Not releasing new Belle camera mobile. Reason they dont want to sell it. It would hurt upcoming WP cameraphone.

* Sell out the rest of Qt

* Marketing WP even harder. fire 5000 more engineers.

* And Elop will get even higher payment for doing a great job.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dudes. There is a plan B whatever Elop & Co said. If not Elop has one he will be forced to leave.

Sure. Plan B is for Microsoft to take over Nokia, that was the plan all along

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-04-12 at 23:28.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Call me grievious, but I actually want WP to fail, even if it means hard times for Nokia. I feel the platform has very little to offer, and is in fact contributing to the trend of the very locked down and closed mobiles as we see with iOS and BB. Even the N9 has been subjected to this trend.
You and me both I want WP to fail not just for Nokia but as an OS. I don't want the likes of MS nowhere near the mobile market as they have proven to be the most competition hostile company ever. And I feel that their constant failure in the mobile market is their punishment for all the **** they have done in the desktop market.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Dudes. There is a plan B whatever Elop & Co said. If not Elop has one he will be forced to leave.
Or he will sell off Nokia assets. I don't like Elop like the rest of us; his management of MeeGo and Symbian was atrocious. He should not have announced the demise of the two OS's. Terrible for business. If I had been him, I would have announce WP, and let Symbian fade away into the sunset without the announcement. Troves abandoned Symbian b/c of that.

Microsoft has lagged behind with app development on most of the competing 'apps' in iOS and Android. This has been a bane for Nokia. Most people in this world, other than us, want 'apps'. Apps, apps, apps...like a solid browser with excellent support does not matter. They care less about UI and design than we do. Look at Android, laggy Java, not optimised for crap unless it is a energy sucking dual/quad core cpu. But the public has spoken, and most of them are told what they want, and it is 'apps', which WP is certainly lacking right now (not the basic apps, the specialized 3rd party ones, like from certain banks, services, websites, etc.)

Microkia is showing cracks. If Nokia does not have a good plan B, Junk is the future. Good will goes a long way in the stock market. If Elop/Espoo announces something the public shareholders want to hear, more cash for them. If not, they WILL turn into Blackberry, a ship that is almost beached at this point.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
They should just cave in and release an Android phone...maybe try to negotiate a deal with Google to create the next Nexus.

It won't happen imo, but if they are really in the gutter, I'd jump onto Android and continue Maemo (or switch to Tizen and co) if I were them.

WP7 while looks good, is still shite under the skin. Both Symbian and Harmattan are superior to it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
S
Originally Posted by bmate View Post
They should just cave in and release an Android phone...maybe try to negotiate a deal with Google to create the next Nexus.

It won't happen imo, but if they are really in the gutter, I'd jump onto Android and continue Maemo (or switch to Tizen and co) if I were them.

WP7 while looks good, is still shite under the skin. Both Symbian and Harmattan are superior to it.
No, I really hope I never see an Android from nokia. It would be as bad as Microsoft on desktop market.

NOKIA will fire lots of employees and change the foundations of the company before they can grow again. But with Android its impossible.

Nokia passed Motorola 98, and samsung jumped ahead of Nokia 2012. Nothing lasts forever. Nokia will jump back, it's a matter of time. and hard work, new processes and new ways of thinking and working. Easy to write hard to do.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-04-12 at 20:35.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Sure. Plan B is for Microsoft to take over Nokia, that was the plan all
Naw bro. That's Plan A. Plan B was everything else...

You couldn't have scripted a better takeover than this. I don't know to say "well played" or just "they've been played".

I'm waiting to see Nokia's name on this list confirmed as part of their past mobile strategy partnerships that led to a takeover.

Last edited by gerbick; 2012-04-12 at 20:31.

This is depressing to me in the same way that the Mehdi Ali/Commodore shenanigans were in the 90's.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Actually I wouldn't mind Nokia running Android subject to a condition that Nokia has its own UI/UX/Icons and beatiful handset that they have shown with MeeGo / WP. I really don't care if can root it or not, if I can write my own code on the go on it or because for all that I have N900.

Need a beatifully simple phone that has few more games that are only available on Android.

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun