I got a call from TNT today. Now i can see that customs released my package. Still the estimation is 5th of october, but the caller from TNT told me that should be delivered during this week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Haha, i held down the volume up for good 30 seconds before realizing the power switch is below the rocker now :P

My quick first impression is added snappyness all over and much better build quality than feared.
The camera comes up in under 1 second, yaay. So does settings and most jolla apps.

The level of grip of the backside is extremely comfortable. This is the first full display phone where i do not fear to have it slip away. perfect.
The rounded edges add its part.
I will totally need less grip on the display though and currently take measures for Bedifol to do some nice stuff.

Very firm sim slots, nice, no problem with "not so perfectly cut and moving sims" i got.

Zero complain, only some critics on rather high level.
The first point you can spot cheep production and material thrift is when inserting the battery.
We have a thin batterycover. I hope it will not crack to soon.
The connector pins are flimsy and hollow and do not look like they withstand changing the battery that often.

The guys at the injection molder could profit from some training and added manpower to polish down the sharp edges would make this phone perfectly suitable for "western" market in low price range.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Could somebody post a backside photo without a back cover and battery?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Could somebody post a backside photo without a back cover and battery?
try the video in http://jollafr.org/video-deballage-d...unity-edition/ and see if that is enough for you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Autsch, sd card hotswap is sadly hindered by the fact that the battery is blocking the angle to slot in the sd.
I was trying to test the new 2.0.2.45 feature to store backup on sd and swap.

Here is your sharp corners and overview of the backside EDIT: and the pins.

But i seems to hold. My daughter pushed the c down on tiles from the table a minute ago O.o no scratch after it hit flat on backside. pffffew.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-19 at 15:19.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Any early thoughts on multi-tasking? Can I leave apps running indefinitely without finding them recycled?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Haha, i held down the volume up for good 30 seconds before realizing the power switch is below the rocker now :P
Man, that's driving me insane!

All my other mobile phone have it above (except for the Lumia 950XL which has it in the middle), so annoying...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
hm, no btrfs at all. No btrfs sdcards mountable. Bummer

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
so... try some one root@android@JollaC ?

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Man, that's driving me insane!

All my other mobile phone have it above (except for the Lumia 950XL which has it in the middle), so annoying...
Even with my manly/huge/presidential hands find it very good as unlocking with double press would be hard if they kept the j1 setup, you'll get used to it quickly (unless you more often fiddle with volume than power button)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os