Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
They'll never all be fixed.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

All the apps that we installed should not be bunched together...the firmware need to address that.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
trust me video recording is amazing and one of the features up to scratch already imo, could do with a few more options in settings but recording ability i cant say anything bad about it
Mine has the problem like he describes. About once a second it has a "hiccup" where the dropped frames or whatever happens.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Mine has the problem like he describes. About once a second it has a "hiccup" where the dropped frames or whatever happens.
Also the audio/video sync is out of whack, but this has been fixed according to bugzilla, whether not it will appear in this update is anyone's guess.

The video/audio quality achievable are quite impressive however.

If portrait modes are implemented for the various apps, PLEASE do not have some stupid auto-rotate feature (like in s60) but require the user to manually switch the view. Or at least require the auto-rotate gesture to be very explicit.

The number of effing times my n79 rotated when I didn't want it to...

The Following User Says Thank You to jaek For This Useful Post:
Could always be a user setting (automatic vs none). Though by various apps it's really only the ones that come with the OS (email, browser, etc..). Community and other applications it's up to the developer to choose if they want to bother implementing portrait mode or not.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by jaek View Post
If portrait modes are implemented for the various apps, PLEASE do not have some stupid auto-rotate feature (like in s60) but require the user to manually switch the view. Or at least require the auto-rotate gesture to be very explicit.

The number of effing times my n79 rotated when I didn't want it to...
Current Hildon UI guidelines specify that if an app is to provide a portrait mode it should use the accelerometer to switch automatically.

I hate this behaviour as well, too sensitive, and extremely annoying with the transition animations.

I hope anyone who adds such automatic rotation to their apps provides a way to disable it and manually toggle as well.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I just hope they fix all the SIP related bugs so this can be used as a phone in ANY circumstances... (see my sig for some of them).

Beyond that, actually use the advanced sleep states and energy saving features that currently are disabled and upgrade the kernel to improve battery life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
Current Hildon UI guidelines specify that if an app is to provide a portrait mode it should use the accelerometer to switch automatically.

I hate this behaviour as well, too sensitive, and extremely annoying with the transition animations.

I hope anyone who adds such automatic rotation to their apps provides a way to disable it and manually toggle as well.
then the phone app doesnt completely follow that guide line, it has the option of 'potrait' of 'automatic'
or do you mean that if they can switch it must be automatic? i agree thats a bit stupid better would be 2 have 4 options: landscape,portrait,automatic,user

and when it is user the program menu has a toggle button.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
Good news, but I would like portrait browsing, better for extended reading (shorter text spans)

Do any of the third party browsers that work on fremantle support portrait yet?
i read somewhere that midori,webkit based browser, offers portrait mode. but it is in extras repo and there is the risk that you can brick your device.

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:

Tags
limpware