Active Topics

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Durham, NC
I have a Sony HWS-BTA2W a2dp bluetooth receiver. So far I haven't had any success getting it to work with my N810. I am running Diablo Turbo, and therefore the latest bluez-utils. This is my first attempt at using any a2dp with the N810, so I am sure that I am missing some setup, but am not sure exactly what. There are some old posts from os2007 that give instructions on setting-up a2dp, but they also seem to indicate varying success with os2008. This does work with os2008 right? Or, why else would the latest bluez-utils be included with DT?

I'm not the most savvy linux user, so can anyone please provide easy instructions on setting-up a a2dp device with the N810?

Also, and maybe I should have started this thread with this question, I am hoping to be able to use Vagalume to listen to lastfm with this ---- will that work? How about the built-in media streamer, which I use on my network to listen to mp3s, will that work?

Thanks for any help!

Did you install the a2dp-support package? I think you then have to run a2dp runfirst to initialize it with your bluetooth device address and then use ad2p enable/disable/toggle to turn a2dp on or off. It might also only work with mplayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jmart View Post
I have a Sony HWS-BTA2W a2dp bluetooth receiver. So far I haven't had any success getting it to work with my N810. I am running Diablo Turbo, and therefore the latest bluez-utils. This is my first attempt at using any a2dp with the N810, so I am sure that I am missing some setup, but am not sure exactly what. There are some old posts from os2007 that give instructions on setting-up a2dp, but they also seem to indicate varying success with os2008. This does work with os2008 right? Or, why else would the latest bluez-utils be included with DT?

I'm not the most savvy linux user, so can anyone please provide easy instructions on setting-up a a2dp device with the N810?

Also, and maybe I should have started this thread with this question, I am hoping to be able to use Vagalume to listen to lastfm with this ---- will that work? How about the built-in media streamer, which I use on my network to listen to mp3s, will that work?

Thanks for any help!
does not work -rather get a bluetooth modem that plugs into the earphone 3.5mm

auouymous, thanks for the info. I did not run the a2dp runfirst yet. I also got the impression that choosing the audio to play through a2dp would be very limited --- and likely would not work with streaming radio like lastfm. Oh well, I can still return the sony receiver.

Essentially this would work the same as using a2dp headphones, except I'm sending to my stereo. Does anyone have any first hand experience with a2dp headphones with the N810?

As far as the bluetooth modem goes, I am not familiar with that so I googled it and I don't really see how it would resolve my issue. The one I found on amazon needed dial-up with it and I don't even have home phone ---- thanks for the suggestion though.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
the a2dp stack on the N8xxs i have worked great with all audio. my understanding is that it reroutes and then processes the audio output. only issue is that it uses cpu cycles, adding approx 15 to 20% for me, and that eats the battery more.

no reason why it should not all still work, although you will need to work through the procedure. it is not install n go...

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
As far as the bluetooth modem goes, I am not familiar with that so I googled it and I don't really see how it would resolve my issue. The one I found on amazon needed dial-up with it and I don't even have home phone ---- thanks for the suggestion though.
He means something like this http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=213742315, not a telephone modem. This would work a lot better since it requires no support from the n810 and any program that produces audio would work.

gazza_d, it sounds like you have had some success with this. Did you just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=13468

I think I can handle that, but there are 36 total pages in that thread and lots of talk of modifying files that might be a little beyond my skills --- which is why I am trying to confirm that this will do what I am trying to accomplish before potentially getting in above my head

Thanks again!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
gazza_d, it sounds like you have had some success with this. Did you just follow the instructions in the first post of this thread?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=13468
jmart, I have done it with success. I'm able to confirm you the instruction works like spected.

My bluetooth headset is working like a charm.

Sorry for delay.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Straycat For This Useful Post:
Thanks Straycat!

I went ahead with the setup instructions in that post and it does work now for mplayer, but not the built-in media streamer or vagalume (which are two things I really wanted to utilize). I considered installing Canola2 so I could use mplayer through that and use the lastfm plugin instead of vagalume and the upnp plugin instead of media streamer, but it sounds like the lastfm plugin is not as good as vagalume and might not even work any more. I think I will take yukop4's advice and get a 3.5mm bluetooth dongle (not a modem ). Thanks again for the help, and everyone else too!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
That`s just work on mplayer`s friends. Not on the builtin media player, that is true.

For music I use quasar media player. Not hildoniced but very good player.