Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
$4 and it's 600mA, should also work with other li-ion phone batteries. I saw some people complaining that the 300mA charger takes about 5 hours to charge the battery, so this should cut it down to under 3.
Also going to try the Pisen BL-5J as it's $2 less than the Japod.

3G charger ? xD it's like they randomly put a famous word to sell better. Anyone wants to buy a blueray charger ?I would stay away from those cheap ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
But the battery will be full in an hour or two for me... Are you sure it takes 5 hours dude??!!!

Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
But the battery will be full in an hour or two for me... Are you sure it takes 5 hours dude??!!!
but how are you charging your battery in 1-2 hours? I'm just saying that the cheap 300mA charger takes 5 hours, so I bought one that is more powerful. I couldn't find what the correct rate is to charge this battery, but I think the n900 draws a max of 1000mA. If you turn it off, and let it charge, what % of that goes to the battery? If you can charge in 1.5 hours, maybe all of it. Some energy would be lost to heat, though. Anyways, I couldn't find any other chargers with > 500mA.

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
3G charger ? xD it's like they randomly put a famous word to sell better. Anyone wants to buy a blueray charger ?I would stay away from those cheap ones.
Most cheap asian merchandise is like this. It doesn't really mean much about the quality, but yes I agree this thing has a good chance of breaking. The battery itself should have a protection circuit. So, failure should not be "explosive". Just a waste of $4. Not a bad gamble.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-09-23 at 22:37.

Most cheap asian merchandise is like this. It doesn't really mean much about the quality, but yes I agree this thing has a good chance of breaking. The battery itself should have a protection circuit. So, failure should not be "explosive". Just a waste of $4. Not a bad gamble.
True about the battery, but it might damage the cellphone itself. I know someone who plugged in the wrong charger into his cellphone (Nokia 3k... something) and it blew the fuse on the pcb. Cellphone survived, but the fuse had to be replaced = send to Nokia or replace it yourself.

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
This reminds me of audio/video interconnects. You can buy a "Gold Plated Optical Cable". lol

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ South-Africa
Why would you want a different charger than what came with the N900?
It WAS made for the N900 and it has Output of 1200mA
And thats why my N900 fully charges in an hour if im not using it!
It might be almost $12 but dam that is still cheap!
Id rather buy the original one and spend $12 once than buying the cheaper $4 and having to replace it 3 times lol

AC-10E for $11.75

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louispires For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I saw some people complaining that the 300mA charger takes about 5 hours to charge the battery...
you need to let your device to go to sleep and screen shut off if you want to even get some charge to your battery with that charger instead of only slowing battery consumption to near zero...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I'm talking about EXTERNAL chargers, like for a spare battery. Good lord. You guys could try clicking the links...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ South-Africa
Soz mate.. Id sugest this product.. ive had it fro two months now and no hassles..

Not sure how will it be for you but it works great for me!!

BL-5J battery charger