Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Thanks. Problem is I live in the UK but bought the device in the US (was such a huge Nokia fanboy that I couldn't wait for it to be widely available in the UK and went to the US to buy it).

I took it to Nokia repair centre near me and they said since I bought it in the US I couldn't repair it with them through warranty but that Carphone warehouse do a service where they can send it to Nokia for repairs for you. But then when they sent it off they came back and said it is moisture damage and not covered by warranty.

Alternative would be to send it to the US and see if they fix it but not sure I can go through the hassle and cost especially if there is the risk I will again be told damage is not covered by warranty.
I'd doubt Carphone has ever send it to Nokia at all. Ask for the proof. If its really the case Nokia officially refused to repair, bring your evidence to the Nokia HQ US, CC any local customers unions along the way. Even in the some remote regions like Hong Kong every single employee in Nokia holds accountability for what they do and say, americans shouldn't expect less.

The longer you delay to take action the harder you can get the problem resolved. Worse still if you wait til the warrant expire.

In retrospective, you should contact Nokia directly for repair rather than rely on some unreliable agent. Nokia cannot wavie themselves of their reponsibilities of the defects of thier products, but some repair shop can.

Last edited by 9000; 2010-06-14 at 23:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post: