I've Installed KP49 and done some short-time heavy testing: Everything seems to be smooth and is working well.

sir socke.. how can u download it? because i download the power kernel.deb power modules and kernel flasher but when i instaled it says conflict...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by dignified View Post
huh?? he chating me but i think he didnt answer me becouse he sleeping now . i know .. you dont need to tell me okay...
Nevertheless, Alfred's post still applies to you.

@pali: my guess is ramzswap is internal kernel module now, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
non of ur business

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
non of ur business
It is, if you spam threads with mostly non-sense + non-applying posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
?.........................

can someone teach me how to download kp49?.. becausw when i install it shows conflict..

can someone teach me how to download kp49?.. becausw when i install it shows conflict..
No, because it's simply not made for you. If we would "teach" you, you would complain about this and about that "not working" / "not working correctly", and bleeding-edge software should be only installed by people who know how to get rid of issues / solve their problems (like a non-booting phone, or startup issues) by themselves. We (mostly pali / freemangordon / colin.stephane) already have enough support traffic by the clueless. and this is not a support sandbox where everyone should cry inbetween if something's not right because he/her basically blew his /her phone.

I hope this is understandable? If you would know how to recover your device in case of errors, you would also know how to install when encountering issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Hi dignified,

I used wget for download and installed it with dpkg in same order like in palis post on page 166.

Greetings,
SirSocke

@pali: pre-release kp49 flashed, working, ramzswap working, testing wl1251 now.

@all: use modprobe from now on (it's better/safer than insmod anyway), procedure:
Code:
modprobe ramzswap num_devices=1 disksize_kb=98304
swapon /dev/ramzswap0
swapoff /dev/mmcblk0p3
swapoff /dev/mmcblk1p2
(with second partition on SD being a swap partition)

EDIT: wl1251 also confirmed working (used fAircrack for checking)

EDIT 2: too early... after another reboot, modprobe with disksize_kb parameter supplied results ALWAYS in instant reboot. I've seen this behavior with colin.stephane's kp48 builds too. Some ideas where to check? I've sysklogd installed.

So, it works the first reboot after kernel flashing, but never after that. Every time a spontaneous reboot during which the custom kernel settings are not loaded.

EDIT 3: Confirmed. Compcache works only if:
- i freshly dpkg'd -i kernel, modules, and flasher (in that sequence, kernel-settings were retained from kp47)
AND
- performed a reboot.
And only then it works after this first reboot. From each consecutive reboot onwards. i observe the instant reboots after ramzswap0 initializing with disksize_kb. If i solely insert the module, no reboot occurs, but of course i cannot initialize it separately.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-09-22 at 14:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou