Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
If you buy into that kind of 'analysis' NOKIA are still a very big brand in Asia:

Personally I see sales figures as rather more concrete evidence and sales of Symbian devices were huge and still growing prior to Elop's brain fart.

I understand if you extrapolate what NOKIA were doing before Elop's execution of Symbian and compare that to what they are doing now you have a deficit of around 70 million devices so far.

Even if Symbian was the problem WP7 clearly isn't the solution.

The downward trend began before Elop. Competition got too tough for Nokia to survive. Windows is not a bad choice, except that Symbian is disappearing faster than originally thought. Ordinary people don't read what CEOs blabber, they go and buy best devices in the shop. Symbian was a big loser and Nokia board new it and saw precipitous drops in figures before hiring Elop. They didnt act fast enough . Too complacent.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
The downward trend began before Elop. Competition got too tough for Nokia to survive. Windows is not a bad choice, except that Symbian is disappearing faster than originally thought. Ordinary people don't read what CEOs blabber, they go and buy best devices in the shop. Symbian was a big loser and Nokia board new it and saw precipitous drops in figures before hiring Elop. They didnt act fast enough . Too complacent.
nokia was selling more and more symbian devices every quarter even after elop came, right up to the elops anouncement that he is killing it, and that is a FACT

you must be confusing, like some other idiots, market share with sales numbers, which was declining because market was growing faster than symbian was, and that was a normal situation because symbian was such a giant and it is a fact that smaller you are the faster you can grow until some point which is around 15% for ios, 30% for android, 2% for WP and if elop didnt fu.ck up symbian it would have almost all of the rest still

Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
you must be confusing...market share with sales numbers, which was declining because market was growing faster than symbian was...
Excuse my editing of your post; however it boils down to a few things and this is a major contributor to why Nokia wasn't seen as expanding and "on the ball" (able to counter new demands and new trends).

The newer smartphone market was asking for something different and Nokia hadn't made it there yet. So iOS and Android filled that gap.

That's the true definition of a missed opportunity.

nokia was selling more and more symbian devices every quarter even after elop came, right up to the elops anouncement that he is killing it, and that is a FACT

you must be confusing, like some other idiots, market share with sales numbers, which was declining because market was growing faster than symbian was, and that was a normal situation because symbian was such a giant and it is a fact that smaller you are the faster you can grow until some point which is around 15% for ios, 30% for android, 2% for WP and if elop didnt fu.ck up symbian it would have almost all of the rest still
Doesn't matter. Today Nokia has killed Symbian for good. I guess mr Elop didn't like the PureView 808, so he had to do something to kill it off.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Doesn't matter. Today Nokia has killed Symbian for good. I guess mr Elop didn't like the PureView 808, so he had to do something to kill it off.
Elop shoots Symbian dead for good.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Dude, you dont see data that the Board and insiders see. They knew that Symbian was dead. They were grasping for alternatives. They were in many ways more visionary that RIM, which I think will belly up soon. NOKIA will survive, but by the slightest of margins. the stock will be $10 in 18 months, $20 in 24 months.

Dude, you dont see data that the Board and insiders see. They knew that Symbian was dead. They were grasping for alternatives. They were in many ways more visionary that RIM, which I think will belly up soon. NOKIA will survive, but by the slightest of margins. the stock will be $10 in 18 months, $20 in 24 months.
stock will only climb from 10 to 20 bucks if they stop wasting their time & resources on m$ crap before 18 months & make the best of the Symbian bounce 'til then

Dude, you dont see data that the Board and insiders see. They knew that Symbian was dead. They were grasping for alternatives.
What data? Be specific or stop blowing smoke out of your 4r53.

Furthermore if NOKIA's board are so damned prescient how did they fail to foresee what a catastrophic disaster WP7 would be?

You didn't even need to have special-magic-moonbeam-data only available to the board and insiders to predict WP7 would be a flop - Samsung, HTC and LG had all already tried and failed to sell nice hardware running WP7. Being a flop was by far the most likely outcome.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
...4r53...
This ^^ took me a moment to decipher. Bravo, well done.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Dude, you do realize most people have been mentioning Nokia with RIM in the same breath lately, right? Just saying, dude.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This ^^ took me a moment to decipher. Bravo, well done.
Srlsy? Don't you read 1337?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows